Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by xes View Post
Once you have a fettuccine widget active, while the phone is not connected to any internet connection, at every image update you will find the ICD dialog "Choose a connection"
Yeah, I just noticed that myself yesterday. I really do need to put a little more effort into managing Fettuccine's internet usage; I basically just set it up by making a call to Qt's default network manager and leaving all the error handling management on default settings. (I've gotta admit that the defaults are really quite good, though...)

I'll try to make Fettuccine a little quieter about network problems in the next update.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Does Fettuccine carry on updating the images while the screen is locked or off?

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
Does Fettuccine carry on updating the images while the screen is locked or off?
Yes, it does (so far as I know); I haven't put in any code to determine the state of the screen. I guess I hadn't really planned on leaving it up and running all the time, but that would make sense if you leave it as a widget, wouldn't it...

Hmm. Would it be better to shut Fettuccine off completely when the screen is dark, or perhaps give it a very slow refresh rate instead? It might be nice to have a relatively up-to-date image ready when you bring the screen back up... Although forcing the user to wait for a refresh shouldn't be too much of a hassle.

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Yes, it does (so far as I know); I haven't put in any code to determine the state of the screen. I guess I hadn't really planned on leaving it up and running all the time, but that would make sense if you leave it as a widget, wouldn't it...

Hmm. Would it be better to shut Fettuccine off completely when the screen is dark, or perhaps give it a very slow refresh rate instead? It might be nice to have a relatively up-to-date image ready when you bring the screen back up... Although forcing the user to wait for a refresh shouldn't be too much of a hassle.
You can connect to a DBus signal from MCE that is emitted when the screen is (un)locked. That way, you can suspend updates when the screen is locked and update the image immediately when the screen is unlocked.

I use a small Screen class is some of my applications to handle this:

https://github.com/marxoft/cuteradio...aemo5/screen.h
https://github.com/marxoft/cuteradio...mo5/screen.cpp

QMaemo5HomescreenAdaptor also has a homescreenChanged(bool) signal, though I don't know if this is emitted when the screen is (un)locked.

My website

GitHub

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Thanks! I will check for that signal, then (especially as I don't have a QMaemo5HomescreenAdaptor around when Fettuccine is running as an app ).

BTW, another newbie question here: I've just been browsing the documentation a bit, and along with the screen lock signal, there appears to be a screen "status" signal (with values for "on", "dimmed", and "off"):

http://maemo.org/api_refs/5.0/5.0-fi...ba2daba3e609e1

Would you know if "on" and "off" for this signal are identical to "locked" and "unlocked" for the tklock mode signal, or can the screen go dark without being in "locked" mode? (I seem to recall situations where the screen was dark but still detected when I touched it...)

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Thanks! I will check for that signal, then (especially as I don't have a QMaemo5HomescreenAdaptor around when Fettuccine is running as an app ).

BTW, another newbie question here: I've just been browsing the documentation a bit, and along with the screen lock signal, there appears to be a screen "status" signal (with values for "on", "dimmed", and "off"):

http://maemo.org/api_refs/5.0/5.0-fi...ba2daba3e609e1

Would you know if "on" and "off" for this signal are identical to "locked" and "unlocked" for the tklock mode signal, or can the screen go dark without being in "locked" mode? (I seem to recall situations where the screen was dark but still detected when I touched it...)
The screen can be off without being locked if 'Lock screen automatically' is disabled in the settings. I'm not sure if the display_status_ind signal is emitted alongside the tklock_mode_ind signal if the screen is locked manually. To be honest, I didn't actually read the documentation before implementing my solution. For the purpose of suspending/resuming UI updates, it makes sense to respond to the screen being off/on as well as locked/unlocked.

My website

GitHub

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Alright, version 0.9.1 is now making its way up to extras-devel. This version will now check the DBus signals to see when the screen goes dark, and stop updating the image until the screen comes back up again.

Also, it will catch signals from the Qt Network Access Manager and stop updating the image if the network becomes unavailable. I've also got it catching the signal for when the network becomes available again, but that signal doesn't seem to be sent until you wake the manager up yourself. (Which kind of negates the whole point of a signal...)

To get around this, I've added an extra check to the screen signal handler; when the screen comes back on, it also gives the network manager a little push (if the network had been down before). So, you can turn the screen off and on again in order to get Fettuccine running again. I'll try to find a better way around this problem.

Also in this update, I've cleaned up the UI a bit (particularly the widget settings dialog). As always, beware new bugs!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 650 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Ghent, Belgium
I have a webcam at home that is accessible via https on a non-standard port and with a self-signed certificate, and protected via .htaccess username/password

What's the chance that I can get this to work?

The Following User Says Thank You to petur For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by petur View Post
I have a webcam at home that is accessible via https on a non-standard port and with a self-signed certificate, and protected via .htaccess username/password

What's the chance that I can get this to work?
Hmm... Actually, Qt has authentication support built-in to their network access manager (which only makes sense, given how important security is on the net). That said, I've never myself worked with authenticating network requests before, so I'm not really familiar with how it's done. So really, the only holdup here is me; all the code needed to access your webcam should already be on your N900. Let me take a look...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
@Copernicus
it would be nice to have support for ipcameras into fettuccine.
Since you love xml... .... here you can find a lot of url patterns for many ipcameras:
https://ispyconnect.googlecode.com/s...ML/Sources.xml
(i'm using the Foscam cameras with other apps and url definition are correct)

One side note. Do you think you could add a tag into the widget saying date and time of last successful update and an on-click action?

Last edited by xes; 2014-07-09 at 14:46.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xes For This Useful Post:

Tags
webcam