Notices

Posts: 185 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by Psycho View Post
no problem.. but @ sdesai i dont use pidging plugins but pecan.. Haze and pidgin doesnt work here in the netherlands.. and pecan uses the least data, and is the fastest plugin for msn...

so im going to stick on my work around and see about a week if there is a upadte for it ..
Before PR1.2 the pidgin plugin worked here in NL.

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
Seems to be a lot of you with issues. I found in prior releases of the firmware there was sometimes issues with the libpurple protocols when using the builtin client. the issue seems to revolve around the port number getting scrambled for the accout. These are under advanced settings for each account. ICQ: 5190, Yahoo:5050, MSN:1863/1863

Hope this helps some!

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
Most of the available MSN plugins crash on 1.2 the contact list when specific contacts login :/

it seems that the build in once (skype,gtalk) all work right?
So it seems that something is changed and the 3th party protocols need to adapt to do the same thing that gtalk and skype do..

well, since that "repair", im unable to log nto my icq account. I was online during the installation and then i rebooted and never got icq online again. Skype jabber msn and fb are ok. I have even tried deleting and setting the accound up again, no change. it seems to me its not even trying to login, cause when i try to log in, its doing nothing /no waiting, no rolling waiting wheel) and icq status is "not connected" ...

Originally Posted by michalurban View Post
well, since that "repair", im unable to log nto my icq account. I was online during the installation and then i rebooted and never got icq online again. Skype jabber msn and fb are ok. I have even tried deleting and setting the accound up again, no change. it seems to me its not even trying to login, cause when i try to log in, its doing nothing /no waiting, no rolling waiting wheel) and icq status is "not connected" ...
I have the same problem. Additionally, when I tried to delete the icq account and recreate it, I'm just getting "not signed in" for that account...

I have just tried to downgrade account-plugin-haze but it did not help either.

At least Im not alone LOL ...

BTW I consider downgrading the whole 1.2 mess back down to 1.1, as, unlike others, I feel no improvements, not in stability and definitely not in features ... :-/

How to install an older version of telepahty?

I created a new topic for this "ICQ not logging in" thread here (http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...420#post698420).

EDIT: SOLVED!!!

Last edited by michalurban; 2010-06-04 at 09:30.

Is there anything new because of the not showing up contacts on "new IM"?

I noticed there is a new version of telepathy-extras (0.9), but when I try to install it says "not possible".