Active Topics

Notices

Is there a media player that allows "bookmarking" or remembering where in a single track you are? I tend to listen to a lot of audio books and what I'm having to do right now is that when I need to stop listening to a particular track in the middle is creating a text file with the time I am at and seeking it manually, is there any application that takes care of this automatically?

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
panucci audiobook player...

as the garage project page do not hold a deb, ill attach a earlier version here...
Attached Files
File Type: deb panucci_0.1-1_all.deb (13.1 KB, 145 views)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:
Thanks I'm at work at the moment but will give it a try on the drive home.

Posts: 112 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Victoria, BC
Thanks for taking the time to build this. I've tried it out and it sort of works. It does not remember the file that you were playing when you turn it off and the bookmark function does not record the time or the file, just 0:00, and when you go back to the bookmark page the next time you open it, the bookmarks are gone.
But.. if you reload a file that you were previously playing it remembers where it was when you closed the file. Since the pause/start button also serves as the file /open, when you come to the end of a file you have to close the program completely to select a new file, otherwise it just starts the file that you currently have loaded. This one drawback makes it almost impossible to use if you have an audiobook that is split int lots of small files as I haven't found a way to load multiple files yet.

Last edited by JoeF; 2008-10-22 at 17:17. Reason: grammar

heh, i didnt build it, i just had the deb saved from before the garage project got started.

here is the page it came from iirc:
http://thpinfo.com/2008/panucci/

You can file bug reports here:
https://garage.maemo.org/tracker/?at...69&func=browse

I'm a contributer to the project. I'm working on creating a proper deb file for it. The next thing on my list is implementing playlist support so that you can load multiple mp3s for audio books that are broken into many small parts (My primary reason for contributing.)

Last edited by MattZTexasu; 2008-10-23 at 04:07.

The Following User Says Thank You to MattZTexasu For This Useful Post:
to bad im done with audiobooks for a while, as a feature like that would have helped greatly (had one that basically consisted of 160 2 min mp3's).

still, looking forward to a proper, updated version, as from the looks of it, there have been many refinements.

By the time I finish you may be back into audiobooks

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MattZTexasu For This Useful Post:
quite possibly so...

i find it interesting that the local bookstore now sells audiobooks on cd, in the form of mp3 files.

MattZTexasu I've been playing around with Panucci Audiobook Player and its not bad. I can play video files.
Q: Is Panucci using the N800 player to show mp4 videos or some other player?
Can you make the next version play videos full screen and be able to move fw/bw within video.
Hope you keep developing its a nice app that needs TLC.