Active Topics

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by endsormeans View Post
andddd....
what usually happens to the enslaved?
they rebel.
maybe not now...
maybe not in the near future..
but sooner or later...
especially if given the tools to break their enslavement...
goodness knows the future ...
Even if we could talk to them and they are pist and going full scale assault... one well equipped human could still take out thousands of animals...

Our superior brain would make it impossible to take over the plant by force.

And even if we assume the animals had equally smartness and brains as us they would still struggle to mount an attack. What animal type should lead the rebellion and so forth. The Canadian bears, the Indian Lions or the elephants from Africa?

We have seen it at human level, country level and planet level. Working together with all others are almost impossible. However, we have not been put to the real test yet. One common superior enemy that everyone can see and understand. That might make 99.9% to work together...

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
I am with Dave on this. History teaches us that it does not matter who is in the right. Wars, revolutions and uprisings are won by the side that is better equipped. Simple as that.

But the last thing, I am not so sure. Common enemy? We won't agree even on that.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post

But the last thing, I am not so sure. Common enemy? We won't agree even on that.
An enemy that threatens everyone. No where to hide. An enemy that don’t care about religions, politics, money or wealth. No compassion. Just want extinction. That kind of enemy.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
like entropic-heat-death of the universe?
I don't think that is imminent yet.

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
like entropic-heat-death of the universe?
I don't think that is imminent yet.
Depends what you mean imminent? If you look at the time scale of creation of the universe as we understand it might be imminent.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Depends what you mean imminent? If you look at the time scale of creation of the universe as we understand it might be imminent.
Hmm, no cigar.

Please compare the timeframes and come back again.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat...f_the_universe

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Hmm, no cigar.

Please compare the timeframes and come back again.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat...f_the_universe
Sorry, too bizzy smoking cigar.

What will be the outcome of our universe if that happens? Anything transferred to any other universe?

So our only hope is to gain knowledge and escape via a black hole?

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Probably need to consider quantum fluctuations as well...

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Read the article. Everything is explained. Quantum fluctuations considered.

Total annihilation (post 6063)? I am sure some humans would still want to join the other side for profit, however short.

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Read the article. Everything is explained. Quantum fluctuations considered.

Total annihilation (post 6063)? I am sure some humans would still want to join the other side for profit, however short.
Yeah, that 0.1% of the population.

By the...anyone watched the movie Extinction? Looks really cheesy with an alien invasion and someone’s dad swoop in and saves the day.

Watchable??? Yes/No

Tags
countdown, dooms_day, specc is the, troll ericsson