Notices

Hi,

I am currently writing a shell script to view a picture in an encrypted file (truecrypt). In order for this to work, I would like to start the image viewer application with a specified picture file. Unfortunately, even though you can start it via the gui, it does not want to start via the command line. If I just type "image-viewer" from the command line using the normal user account, nothing happens. It starts fine if I use the "Photo" hildon desktop shortcut.

There is also a image-viewer.launch file but it segfaults if I try to run that.

What am I doing wrong?

qiet72

Originally Posted by qiet72 View Post
Hi,

I am currently writing a shell script to view a picture in an encrypted file (truecrypt). In order for this to work, I would like to start the image viewer application with a specified picture file. Unfortunately, even though you can start it via the gui, it does not want to start via the command line. If I just type "image-viewer" from the command line using the normal user account, nothing happens. It starts fine if I use the "Photo" hildon desktop shortcut.

There is also a image-viewer.launch file but it segfaults if I try to run that.

What am I doing wrong?

qiet72
Ciao, see HERE

The Following User Says Thank You to No!No!No!Yes! For This Useful Post:
Hi,

I found an alternate solution, use ImageMagick. It's in the maemo repository - also for the N900 and you can view a picture by doing a "display <picture.jpg>".

Thanks for your help though.

qiet72