Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by deutch1976 View Post
Try Maxvol on openrepos and test it. Increase to 200% or a bit less and you'll see what i mean
Thanks, but unless you explain to me what it dose I don't think to dare to try that?

Boosting output volume by 200% seems clear danger of breaking the device... and besides XperiaX sounds are too loud already; As explained in a prevoius posts [1] and [2] I have had to reduce the sound of my device because it is far too loud for my taste!

Posts: 697 | Thanked: 1,980 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Lisbon - Portugal
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Thanks, but unless you explain to me what it dose I don't think to dare to try that?

Boosting output volume by 200% seems clear danger of breaking the device... and besides XperiaX sounds are too loud already; As explained in a prevoius posts [1] and [2] I have had to reduce the sound of my device because it is far too loud for my taste!
Maybe my Xperia as a volume problem because even increased to 200% does not seem very loud. Maxvol allowed me to ear a sound when using pulley menu as i did on Aquafish

The Following User Says Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
It seems to me that we are conflating not two but three different things:
  1. The global volume setting. Manatus and juiceme are right, doing that is silly as the device is already too loud as it is, and it can be dangerous for the hardware. Not just the speaker but possibly even for the amplifier.
  2. The volume of the screen feedback, such as pull-down menus and key presses. There is no separate setting for the volume, only an on/off switch (Settings->Sounds and feedback->Touch screen tones). This is what I was referring to in my post when I asked how can increasing that volume be dangerous, not realizing that you were talking about #1 above.
    The best solution would be to ask Jolla or find where that feedback is played. Alternatively to find the file with the tone and edit it to increase the volume.
  3. The term "haptic". As juiceme says, the term normally applies to the sense of touch. It has nothing to do with sound.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Maybe i'm messing my ideas about haptic feedback and you're right. What i mean is the "sound" when using pulley down. Without Maxvol activated i can't listen to anything

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Maybe i'm messing my ideas about haptic feedback and you're right. What i mean is the "sound" when using pulley down. Without Maxvol activated i can't listen to anything
Ok, you are right there because I also cannot hear any sound
But the thing is, I don't want to hear any sounds from vkb or pulley, I want to feel the haptics

But the other question remains; how can you use the darn thing if you increase volume even more, as it is the default sound volume of alarms and ringtones is already so loud it hurts my ears!

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
I don't want to hear any sounds from vkb or pulley, I want to feel the haptics
What for? I want to feel the key before I press it, not after

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
heh, in a perfect world, so would I !!

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Maybe my Xperia X has a sound problem but when i use pulley i hear a sound that tells me i'm touching the right place. On keyboard is the same thing. And i have no vibration working on my phone

Maybe my Xperia X has a sound problem but when i use pulley i hear a sound that tells me i'm touching the right place. On keyboard is the same thing. And i have no vibration working on my phone
Does your device vibrate when you have it on silent and you receive a call?
How about the vibration test in csd, does it work?

Does your device vibrate when you have it on silent and you receive a call?
How about the vibration test in csd, does it work?
No vibration at any condition. Vibration test in CSD??? How do i test it?

EDIT: found it
"CSD tool can be launched from the dialer writing * # * # 310 # * # *"
No vibration on test

Last edited by deutch1976; 2018-09-13 at 14:50.