Notices

Hmm, e-coach does not seem to automatically save your data when the phone needs to shutdown because of low battery. :-( Too bad. I did a 90 km bicycle tour and it didn't get saved when my phone shut down. Any idea if e-coach saves to a temporary file?

qiet72

Originally Posted by qiet72 View Post
Hmm, e-coach does not seem to automatically save your data when the phone needs to shutdown because of low battery. :-( Too bad. I did a 90 km bicycle tour and it didn't get saved when my phone shut down. Any idea if e-coach saves to a temporary file?

qiet72
x2.. Quite frustrating when it shuts down at the end of a long ride. Isn't there any way it could save the already gathered data before the n900 shuts down?

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Espoo, Finland
I'd like that eCoach would have a mode where it would not use GPS or track the location at all - ie. only record the heart rate / time consumed. Could this be done?

Originally Posted by crope View Post
Yeah, protocol seems to be rather simple. I tested it today and seems to be working just fine. Lets see if I can add beeps for HRM limits... Also burned calories could be nice to see, is there any good formula for calculating it from pulse?

@Sampo, could you add those patches?
http://palosaari.fi/ecoach/

Antti
Thanks for the polar.patch! Haven't done any real training with this yet, just a five-minute test to check that it works. Sorry for the delay in replying BTW, I've been out of the country on vacation.

My Polar sends 0xd1 as the key instead of 0xf1 so I had to add a switch case. Otherwise it works just fine.

--Martin

Hi all,

I am new in the community. I am using eCoach (N900) since a few weeks. It's really great. However, I bought the Polar bluetooth device and now I found, that this device isn't supported yet.

Question: Is there a plan to support the device in the future? If yes, what can I do, so that the device is supported?

Thx and have a nice day.

HorstL

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Horts

The two posts above mention there is a patch for the Polar BT HRM so I suggest you read the whole thread

Originally Posted by bockersjv View Post
Horts

The two posts above mention there is a patch for the Polar BT HRM so I suggest you read the whole thread
I'm attaching my own version of eCoach with the Polar patch and double switch-case. The fact that I had to add another key shows that we don't understand the protocol yet.

It may or may not work for you. If it doesn't (i.e. it recognizes the Polar but gives a bpm of 0), it would be useful if you could connect the Polar to a computer and post the data dump

Good luck,
--Martin
Attached Files
File Type: deb ecoach_1.64_mvw_armel.deb (287.8 KB, 181 views)

Two points:

1. Thx for this app.
2. If pausing a record, the time you paused is added to the activity time. So if you for example run 30 minutes, pause 30 minutes, run 30 minutes you will get a time 1:30 hours, and as example 6km the activity will show running speed 4km/h because it calculates with 1:30 h and not the actual 1:00 that you really did run.

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Berlin, Germany
It seems the heiaheia API changed slightly so that eCoach reports don't contain the distance any more when uploading.

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by nath View Post
It seems the heiaheia API changed slightly so that eCoach reports don't contain the distance any more when uploading.
Yesterday we extended API to accept parameters in miles as well as in kilometers, but unfortunately a bug crawled in and distance values from eCoach was discarded. The problem was fixed and fix deployed today.

Sorry for all the trouble.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ivanku For This Useful Post: