Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
EDIT: One more thing, my experience would have been far less painful if ubiboot had printed an error message to tell me that my kernel image was not found before running kexec. I had no idea why it was failing and thought there was a problem with the kernel I built.
Ah, sorry about that!
Actually 0.3.7 has a lot better logging, it will tell you if the kernel is not loaded correctly and also check and log the init script correctness...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 634 | Thanked: 3,266 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Colombia
Thanks juiceme!

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Most if not all sources are in my github, except some experimental stuff still in my personal svn repo.
I didn't even realise there were Git or Subversion repositories. I found the source directory and thought that was all there was! Now I know that there's a Git repo, you may see some patches coming your way.

I assume this is what you are referring to. It seems to contain ubifs and kernel patches so I guess this is the main repo (not just animatronics) that I should be looking at.

Maemo Leste for N950 and N9 (currently broken).
Devuan for N950 and N9.

Mobile devices with mainline Linux support - Help needed with documentation.

"Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." - Henry Spencer

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wicket For This Useful Post:
@Juiceme:

Hello,

It would be necessary to bring initrd support to ubiboot to be usable without serial console.

Can you make update for that?
It will help for new pmOS.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to n950 For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by n950 View Post
@Juiceme:

Hello,

It would be necessary to bring initrd support to ubiboot to be usable without serial console.

Can you make update for that?
It will help for new pmOS.
So you mean possibility to load a separate initrd file with the kernel, instead of just booting the kernel directly on a partition?
Sure, I see no problems with that really; it's just a kernel boot option to load the initrd.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
So you mean possibility to load a separate initrd file with the kernel, instead of just booting the kernel directly on a partition?
Sure, I see no problems with that really; it's just a kernel boot option to load the initrd.
Correct.
To boot pmOS i need to go on Ubuntu, open terminal run kexec command via telnet.
I would like to make it auto when i push on pmOS icon for exemple.
Like running kexec command behind that without my pc.
you can do it?

The Following User Says Thank You to n950 For This Useful Post:
Yes, it could be done.
However, as you see I have not worked with new releases since 2014, I kind of stopped development on ubiboot when I moved to SFOS

Yes, it could be done.
However, as you see I have not worked with new releases since 2014, I kind of stopped development on ubiboot when I moved to SFOS
When you will update it?

The Following User Says Thank You to n950 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by n950 View Post
When you will update it?

When I have time and interest to do it (= maybe never...?)

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 634 | Thanked: 3,266 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Colombia
I've added support for additional kexec options. That will allow you to specify an initrd image in ubiboot.conf.

I also replaced the Ubuntu graphic for a Maemo Leste graphic.

Let's see if juiceme likes it.

https://github.com/juiceme/ubiboot-animatronics/pull/1

Maemo Leste for N950 and N9 (currently broken).
Devuan for N950 and N9.

Mobile devices with mainline Linux support - Help needed with documentation.

"Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." - Henry Spencer

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wicket For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
I've added support for additional kexec options. That will allow you to specify an initrd image in ubiboot.conf.

I also replaced the Ubuntu graphic for a Maemo Leste graphic.

Let's see if juiceme likes it.

https://github.com/juiceme/ubiboot-animatronics/pull/1
PR accepted

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post: