Poll: Do you agree to a foundation with a board of EU residents only, based in the EU, e.g. Germany?
Poll Options
Do you agree to a foundation with a board of EU residents only, based in the EU, e.g. Germany?

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
@ Board of Directors' Internal Regulations of the Hildon Foundation e.V.

One typo:
§ 2 Public
..."simpla majority vote of the Board Meeting"

should be simple.

Added strike over a and e at the end.

Some incosistencies with capitalisation.

for example

The invitation for Board Meetings

vs.

board meeting is accepted as

but maybe this is normal for legal text, so I didn't mark or change these.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
Articles of Incorporation have been validated by a courtworker and are thereby fit for application.
Some minor edits have been made to fully adopt current council election rules (Association Rules § 4.1). This will allow a council of 3 or 5, depending on how many candidates there are, just like today. For the interim time, until regular council elections can be held, todays councilors will be voted for (they shall be the only candidates) in the briefed kickoff-meeting.

The first part of election rules 12) is already included in § 1 (3) of the Association Rules. This document may be altered by the General Assembly or by community via Referendum.

The kickoff-meeting will be held as soon as a date can be agreed upon by everybody involved.
Current Maemo Community Council member

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Win7Mac For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
Yesterday, the inaugural assembly of the Maemo Community e.V. was held on IRC #maemo-meeting.
(http://mg.pov.lt/maemo-meeting-irclo...03-18T22:32:02)
Proper meeting minutes will be announced soon, here's the short version:
For board of directors, chemist, juiceme and nieldk were the only candidates and have been elected.
For council, chemist, juiceme and joerg_rw were the only candidates and have been re-elected.
warfare, low and me were the only other official founders while some visitors were idling.

Now papers need signatures, partially with notary approval and to be sent across europe untill they can be filed to the registering court of Kaiserslautern, where chemist resides. This will take approximately a month or so, untill the "Verein" will be fully operable and is allowed to make use of the extension "e.V." (registered association). It will then take probably another 2 weeks or so to set up bank and paypal accounts.

So for now, we have 2 associations, HiFo and the Verein. Next steps will be to transfer all assets and funds, then dissolve HiFo. Negotiations with Nokia about the licence agreement are still ongoing with current HiFo board and it remains to bee seen if that can be closed before dissolving HiFo or if the Verein can finalize that.

When I ran for board ~9 months ago, I never imagined things would turn out this way. I became treasurer, but since there were ongoing issues with the US bank, I couldn't do much. When Woody finally managed to set up a new account he resigned shortly after that and HiFos' fate was doomed. Nobody from the remaining directors could ever compensate for that huge loss for different reasons. And while I wasn't able to do much for HiFo, I hope I could at least help to establish a successing association that finally might be able to provide what HiFo never could: One roof for one community. At least I tried the best to my knowledge.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Win7Mac For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
could you elaborate regarding negotiations with nokia? Nokia still have anything to do with TMO? Whats the issue(hi level)

congrates and great work all founders, directors and others.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Nokia still have anything to do with TMO?
They never really had, Internet Tablet Talk first and TMO later, was administered and owned by Reggie. He donated the forum to Hildon Foundation, effective 2013-01-01. The agreement basically is a license to use the maemo trademark and domain names.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Win7Mac For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by Win7Mac View Post
They never really had, Internet Tablet Talk first and TMO later, was administered and owned by Reggie. He donated the forum to Hildon Foundation, effective 2013-01-01.
This is correct. A license for vBulliten was purchased with HiFo funds, which was setup and used for TMO on the hardware from Nokia.

The agreement basically is a license to use the maemo trademark and domain names.
This is incorrect. Use of the Maemo trademark was not grated as part of the TMO hand over, as that belongs to Nokia, not Reggie. The domain names for TMO are also handled by Nokia, which owns and operates the Maemo.org DNS. The ITT domain may or may not have been handed off, I do not recall as I was not on the Board and was quite busy with other issues at the time.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
The agreement basically is a license to use the maemo trademark and domain names.
This was referring to the still to be signed Nokia agreement, not TMO. Sorry if that was misleading.

The Following User Says Thank You to Win7Mac For This Useful Post: