Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
With my N9 running on PR1.2, I connected it flawlessly to my Win7 desktop via bluetooth. There was kind of a registering procedure on the PC for this particular device and voila, there it was with a dedicated folder in the system.

Now with 1.3, win explorer crashes when clicking on the N9 folder.
Crash-report says it's caused by btwapi.dll which is the Broadcom Bluetooth module.
I'm guessing it's due to changed adresses or any kind of failed Identification but I can't really tell.

Solution might be to reinstall the software/driver (as of here) and re-register the device.
Anyone else experienced similar?
Current Maemo Community Council member

Quite normal IMO, because pairing data at N9 side already gone...if you update via NSU/NS/flashing

if OTA, probably not the case unless you perform Restore Settings

Originally Posted by soryuuha View Post
Quite normal IMO, because pairing data at N9 side already gone...if you update via NSU/NS/flashing

if OTA, probably not the case unless you perform Restore Settings
Nope. If pairing would be the problem the N9 folder wouldn't appear.

Well, I seldom have issues with my BT Mouse paired to my Vaio; it just stops responding. So, I just power off the Vaio BT (we have a dedicated switch). After a couple of secs, power on and it works. Also a Broadcom.
If that doesn't work, just delete the pairing and redo-it via Nokia Suite or pc suite. In this way, it will install the Nokia drivers for the different modules.

According to my understanding, the BT communication is encoded via a key. Sometimes, this key gets lost on one side.

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Karhula, Finland
Why u no ssh?

My BT seems to work flawlessly from ASUS K50ID /w Win 8 RP with some random Azureware driver set, don't remember the BT module right now, I could check it at home. (This I found at ASUS Support: Built-in Bluetooth™ V2.1+EDR (optional) )

Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
Originally Posted by soryuuha View Post
Updated via NSU, which flashes the device. That gives a new identity to the N9, I guess. Naaah...

Originally Posted by taviman View Post
Nope. If pairing would be the problem the N9 folder wouldn't appear.
The folder is always there, N9 connected or not.
Clicking on that folder while the N9(PR1.2) was not connected, it said "device not found" or sth. Now it immediately crashes, so not possible to right-click, go to properties or edit any settings. Doesn't sound like a lost key to me.
The bad thing is, it doesn't appear in the device manager, so I see no way to remove the device/folder.
So only way is to remove and reinstall the Broadcom driver?

Originally Posted by weedm8 View Post
Why u no ssh?
What? Because I wanna BT...

Last edited by Win7Mac; 2012-07-10 at 20:33.

So I just reinstalled the BT-driver (Broadcom 2046 Bluetooth 2.1+EDR USB Dongle with First Connect) after I found out it didn't work at all. That was the main problem, the N9 or the update is innocent...

First, everything looked fine. On the N9 my PC showed up and vice versa. I paired them with the code given and the PC shows a connection.
BUT no dedicated folder (like before) is created.
AND device manager shows 2 unrecognized perirepheral BT-devices. Updating drivers failed due to "no drivers found" (several different attempts), restarted PC too.

So BT works fine now, but device won't show up in explorer as Windoze misses N9 drivers.
Didn't have this missing-driver-issue before.

EDIT: Problem mysteriously solved itself. The dedicated folder now shows up like before and I have all explorer possibilities. But no clue though what changes on either side did the trick.
N9 Magic...

Last edited by Win7Mac; 2012-10-15 at 18:18.