Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
Indiegogo informed me that they've refunded my full contribution. Haven't yet confirmed with my credit card issuer. All it took was writing my state's attorney general, who forwarded my complaint to my county's district attorney who (I guess) got the desired results from Indiegogo.

OTOH, they still list the project as "In Production", and are still taking contributions through "Indemand" . . .

So if you're in the same boat you may wish to complain to your local authorities. The US FTC is back in business (for now), and they also take consumer complaints (and Indiegogo is California-based, so even if you're outside the US, they might be interested in your experience if for nothing else, to build a larger case).
Excellent! Happy that you (might) get your money back!

Too bad you have to do that. Hope Jolla still do the right thing and refund as well. Should not have to use threats.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Do you mean I have to complain with my local authorities (Italy here) and provide documents to Indiegogo?
Thanks.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to magullo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by magullo View Post
Do you mean I have to complain with my local authorities (Italy here) and provide documents to Indiegogo?
Thanks.
Probably a good place to start since Indiegogo ignores complaints. And if local authorities can't help, they probably know where to escalate.

And since Indiegogo is in the US, a complaint to the Federal Trade Commission (ftc.gov) might help, as would the California Attorney General (where IGG is based). I know the California AG has been after IGG for pretending to be a mere innocent intermediary between customers and project owners, so additional anecdotes my help their case.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
I've confirmed that the Indiegogo refund has been credited to my credit card account, post-dated to last Tuesday.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
I've confirmed that the Indiegogo refund has been credited to my credit card account, post-dated to last Tuesday.
Congrats! One jolla tablet related scam less in this world.

Hope you can find the money useful.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
This past week or so, I got a followup call from the District Attorney's consumer fraud department to check up on if I'd been reimbursed in full. I confirmed this and they followed up in writing with Indiegogo's response attached. IGG really didn't explain anything in the letter and just described their business instead. (Although their claim that backers and entrepreneurs can communicate directly during the project isn't quite true if the project owner disappears from the site -- backers don't get the owners' emails or phone numbers or addresses).

But at least I got my money back and I can throw it at an Fx phone or Cosmo communicator or purism phone or something . . . Maybe I'll get lucky this time or maybe I'll never learn

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
So there's some hope of recompense. I'm not sure if going down that route would be possible in UK or the rest of Europe, but I think it would be worth a try. If I can find the proof of transaction, bank statements, IGG email receipt or something I'll chase it up.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
Same thing should be possible for Jolla’s scam?

Posts: 697 | Thanked: 1,980 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Lisbon - Portugal
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Same thing should be possible for Jolla’s scam?
You should think before you post anything Dave999. Youyota was a scam where they ran away with the money. Jolla was an error and they are still trying to fix it. Don't judge everyone the same way

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by deutch1976 View Post
You should think before you post anything Dave999. Youyota was a scam where they ran away with the money. Jolla was an error and they are still trying to fix it. Don't judge everyone the same way
Don’t worry I don’t! youyota are *******s and Jolla are incompetent liars.

When was the last time they even commented on refunds? They don’t even have the balls to close it or update regarding the progress. I don’t judge any single person within jolla but the company.

Jolla has kept operations alive for years and can’t even refund 1 or 10 per month? Can’t even give away discount to backers? Can’t help community in any way? Can’t even comment on the issue?

Jolla started out very fair after the tablet scam but the last year is very similar to youyota. No info and no refunds.

Don’t worry big difference. But atm. Running away with the money is exactly what jolla is doing too.

Last edited by Dave999; 2019-03-03 at 12:43.

Tags
jolla tablet, sailfish os