Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
Well, I'm sure a part of us all hates Nokia for not realizing the full potential of the n900. Unfortunately, no sane hardware vendor is going to make a 100% switch to open source overnight, and so the n900 just stays a niche product for now. Therefore the software support isn't quite what it should be, or at least things aren't as polished as some of us expect. I know there are some hardware issues with the phone too, but if you're careful, they shouldn't really affect you. I myself can't live without the ability to install whatever I choose, and this fairly open operating system gives a very large range of customizations. Obviously you have different priorities, and would be happy with some other jail-broken or rooted phone with better battery life, smooth scrolling of whatever useless apps you can find, assuming your next phone even has multitasking... *sigh*
I can sort of understand as I've purchased 5 Nokia devices now (8390, 6600, n800, e71, n900). The 8390 was the only good stable one, it got run over by a car and was fine even. 6600 was fat and slow, n800 and e71 always crashed. I wanted to stop buying Nokia stuff about 3 years ago, each phone or tablet I bought after the 8390 has been a let-down, but the operating systems and hardware even always look so good on paper, I can't resist

Try not to buy an N9, or whatever the next maemo/mego phone is or we will all have to laugh at you :P

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
Originally Posted by RolePlayGame View Post
If you want to do so, ok then.
BUT
Two weeks ago, I (rpgAmazon profile) was banned by Flandry, I STILL DON'T KNOW WHY (as long as some rude posts against Texrat several days before must end in banning me, and that ban never arrived, I take it easy, eye by eye.)
IMO, if a troll is banned, he "crossed the line", so I wanted to leave too.
But I love maemo.org. I hate Nokia business model, I hate Nokia nonsupporting n900... But i love developing python with my n900 little keys.
Yesterday my n900 almost crashes... against floor. I love my n900, still alive!
I NEED maemo.org. And ALL of us, today, are TROLLS and FANBOYS at same time. We all know we are left by Nokia, we all know Android-iPhone are not for us.
seem to remember you being a little rude to me too!
but i understand and forgive everyone, so welcome back brother!

The Following User Says Thank You to leetut For This Useful Post:
Posts: 106 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Amazonia (Spain)
Originally Posted by leetut View Post
seem to remember you being a little rude to me too!
but i understand and forgive everyone, so welcome back brother!
Only a little!
I'm disappointed about joppu... I was using Reflect until leaked pr1.2!

Coming soon

Instead of acting like a kid why don't you try learning programming and give the community some app-love?

Bye-bye, anyway, I haven't seen you before lol.

Originally Posted by h3llraz0r View Post
I am not a troll and those who accuse me of being one are just idiots for not realizing the high number of people who regret the worst purchase they've made in years. And please don't lecture me on what this forum is for.
Although the rest of your post kind of indicates you're starting to get the idea, the above quoted part shows you still have some realisation left to do.

http://maemo.org/intro/ <-- Note the number of times 'community' is mentioned in the opening paragraphs. Basically, as I see it the reason users who come here merely to complain are given short shrift is that this site should be for users who are after assistance and are able to ask for it in a clear and polite manner and who are willing to contribute their assistance in return. http://linux.oneandoneis2.org/LNW.htm problem #3 is relevant here, I believe.

Originally Posted by rich c View Post
Although the rest of your post kind of indicates you're starting to get the idea, the above quoted part shows you still have some realisation left to do.

http://maemo.org/intro/ <-- Note the number of times 'community' is mentioned in the opening paragraphs. Basically, as I see it the reason users who come here merely to complain are given short shrift is that this site should be for users who are after assistance and are able to ask for it in a clear and polite manner and who are willing to contribute their assistance in return. http://linux.oneandoneis2.org/LNW.htm problem #3 is relevant here, I believe.
That second link is really cool, it should be required reading for anyone wanting to join this forum, far to many people on here complain & troll about the useability of free apps.
I'm def gonna save this link and point them to it in future