Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Oh, there is 4.0 for the Proš. Bundyo was keen to update very early in Feb even afair. You could anytime OTA from 3.4 to 4.0 nowadays.
The images to flash 4.0 are not working currently as i had to find out this week when reflashing my prawn.
During flashing around yesterday i even managed to have 4.1 but that is not advised since the Proš hardware adaption needs to be reworked.
All in all i am still relatively satisfied.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
huha! Why isn't it shown, when i try to update via terminal? Is it devel branch?

Thanx for the Info anyway!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
It is still work in progress afaiu since the flashable images are not ready yet.
4.0 is avaliable in testing and safe to use.
I just tried today succesfully to update my nice 3.4 setup i put together in last two days to 4.0.1.48.
All worked flawless. Phewww.
BUT. EKH is not working in 4.0. If you rely on EKH you would first need to set it up in 3.4 and live with the fact you can not use it to edit your AD layout in 4.0. Manual edit of the custom.txt is the only way then.

On Proš 3.4, as usual for that port as advised by Adam.
Code:
ssu re 4.0.1.48
ssu ur
zypper ref
zypper dup

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
I like SF on my XZ2c. The only issue I have is with camera, which there's still a glimmer of hope for. Our device happens to have the blessing of a dev like @rinigus (at least for now)... Patchmanager works fine for me with modded instructions from the Patchmanager FSO thread, and I just paych manually or mod files where it doesn't work as-is. 4.1 just released an AD update, and most Android issues I care about are working well, especially now that I found out about modding squashfs - it's almost as good as root, and quick and easy to do on-device with the help of Containers app, (another bright spot).
I've been around long enough to sense that SF's days are probably numbered, but in the meantime, I'd say it's the best thing going.
@deutch1976 - I have recently gotten interested in UbTouch, but port status for my device is unstable (likely not even bootable by all accounts, even though it is listed as a supported device by UBPorts [kugo]). Which devices have you used?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to levone1 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
It is still work in progress afaiu since the flashable images are not ready yet.
4.0 is avaliable in testing and safe to use.
I just tried today succesfully to update my nice 3.4 setup i put together in last two days to 4.0.1.48.
All worked flawless. Phewww.
BUT. EKH is not working in 4.0. If you rely on EKH you would first need to set it up in 3.4 and live with the fact you can not use it to edit your AD layout in 4.0. Manual edit of the custom.txt is the only way then.

On Proš 3.4, as usual for that port as advised by Adam.
Code:
ssu re 4.0.1.48
ssu ur
zypper ref
zypper dup
I'm an idiot. I totally forgot how an upgrade works. I'm getting old, I just tried zypper ref & dup
Anyway I'm not sure if I really want to sacrificing PM for the newer version. There are two patches where I can't live without:
Launcher Combined and even more important and absolutely substantial, Volume Control Settings. Can somebody tell me if at least this two work?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 697 | Thanked: 1,980 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Lisbon - Portugal
Launcher combined did not worked for me even with tricks

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by deutch1976 View Post
Launcher combined did not worked for me even with tricks
The only thing I ever really used from that patch is scroll without pages, which is easy to mod manually ... Text size can also be modded manually easily. I guess if grid size is important, you could figure it out , but probably more tricky...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to levone1 For This Useful Post:
Well I use it for the grid and for the icon view which shows me the first 4 apps in the folder. Without an information about Volume Control, I will probably wait further on...
Thanxs for all the info.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 697 | Thanked: 1,980 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Lisbon - Portugal
Not giving up on Sailfish but am selling my XA2 and will only use Aquafish and Jolla 1 for fun. Was looking to buy an 10 ii but it is not worth it right now. Will give another chance to Ubuntu Touch and see how it is evolving

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
Digging around a bit, this is likely the info you did not really want to read:
https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/patch...-in-koli-4-0-1
tl;dr
Patchmanager is not working on 4.0 but possibly fixable by installing a different busybox-symlinks-bash afaiu.
But i am not eager to try since my setup runs nicely and i fear to break things :P

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post: