Great to see how fast they got rid of that last hoax PR1.2 thread just now,

fair play mods, keep up the great work!

The Following User Says Thank You to matts76 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
I did a rather excessive One-touch-delete-and-ban on that thread because i didn't have mod rights in the forum it was posted in (this one) and it was a first post and obviously therefore a troll. The most sure way to deal with this problem is for those who have enough experience and reputation in this forum to step forward and volunteer to be mods. A mod's lot is not a happy one at t.m.o. because there's a very strong counter-control movement, and the attrition is high. I don't mod N900 anymore because i just couldn't do my job and keep my sanity: it wasn't worth the headache.

PS This thread should have been posted in Community. The OP is not helping the problem...

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Flandry View Post
PS This thread should have been posted in Community. The OP is not helping the problem...
Oops, my mistake. Go ahead and move it if you want.

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Southern Oregon Coast
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
I think that mild punishments like banning for a week will bring most spammers and trolls to their senses. For others, perhaps the electric chair ...
See my thread: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=49617

Those kind of thread are mainly for people who want attention and bored

Posts: 481 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Salem, OR
Originally Posted by cyeung View Post
In the past 48 hours, we've seen quite a few of the fake "PR 1.2 is out!!!" threads. Trust me, it's very tempting for me to reply with a personal attack against the perpetrator (the one that comes to mind is something questioning whether they have a social life). Fortunately, the cooler side usually prevails and I report the thread as a hoax. The mods have been doing a decent job in deleting threads once they are reported. In any case, by not replying, other activity on this forum will bury the hoax thread.

Obviously, this is a dramatic update, and I am among those who are really looking forward to get it. However, I would much rather wait a bit longer for it if the result is a better quality release... one that results in a more reliable and responsive phone.
You may want to try decaf. Why stress so much? Do what I do, just ignore them like you ignore an Ad on a computer without Adblock. :-)

Here is a wallpaper for ya:
http://2917287351669236351-a-1802744...wesomeness.jpg