Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
kraker_abhy: Ad. 3. - you mean power saving mode as in Harmattan? Or more that in Harmattan?

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following User Says Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
We won't have any Sailfish apps as we'd need Wayland. And if we had Wayland we'd need to rewrite most of UI to support Wayland.
Actually, almost all Sailfish applications are using Qt 5, I don't really know about any using Wayland directly. And things seem to be moving the right way regarding running Qt 5 on Maemo 5.
And even if we rebuilt the open source Sailfish apps, Silica isn't open source. So not now...
Well, the QML part of Sillica is under BSD (most probably so that developers can easily use parts of it in their apps), but the C++ code, at least currently isn't. So yes, you can't currently easily run applications using the Silica components without modifying them.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Voice dialer. It's curious and disappointing that phones had this, what, 10-15 years ago, and Maemo doesn't. There was talk of using pocketsphynx with a dbus call, but AFAIK it hasn't come to anything yet. Also, AFAIK Saera doesn't do this.

The Following User Says Thank You to chill For This Useful Post:
how about updating those we already have?
CSSU-T latest version

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alecsandru For This Useful Post:
A proper memo app, something like Conboy for example.
Motorola M3688 → Ericsson R320 → Siemens S40 → Motorola V60c → Palm Treo 650 → Blackberry 9000 → Nokia N900 → HP Pre 3 → Nokia N900 → Nokia N9 → Nokia N900 → Nokia 808 → Blackberry Z10 → Blackberry Passport

Only dead fish swim with the stream.

decent portrait vkeyboard and updated browser and i will be happier n900 user xD

The Following User Says Thank You to mayhem For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chill View Post
Voice dialer. It's curious and disappointing that phones had this, what, 10-15 years ago, and Maemo doesn't. There was talk of using pocketsphynx with a dbus call, but AFAIK it hasn't come to anything yet. Also, AFAIK Saera doesn't do this.
Right. I should add that.

The Following User Says Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 76 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ India
kraker_abhy: Ad. 3. - you mean power saving mode as in Harmattan? Or more that in Harmattan?
I actually don't know how it works on harmattan cos i don't have N9. Maybe like that only cos all i want is to be online on IM accounts in power saving mode so i can be online for extra hours when i am out and don't have to miss some message sent in between. I hope you got it what i mean.

Posts: 141 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Barcelona - Spain
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
decent portrait vkeyboard and updated browser and i will be happier n900 user xD
I agree :-)

It would be great to have new updates for great applications like Orecchiette, Pierogi, Lanterne, all 3 made by John Pietrzak. I love them

An update of TwimGo Twitter client, as the last version released does no work with Twitter new API.

A good photography editing app with lots of options, something like PhotProc / PureFix for Symbian (created especially for the PureView 808).

An update of Kasvopus, the Facebook app or other good & complete client.

Telegram with GUI.

It exists some application like Shazam for Maemo? Some days ago a friend taught me Shazam with some rare bands and it worked very good

Updates for DropN900 etc...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fatalist For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
@pichlo,Android_808,panjgoori,anyone who hasn't: Please add your posts to the pad
Done, but how is that better than this thread?

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post: