Active Topics

Just got back from the shop where i thought i could pick up my repaired n9.
Only when they gave me my device back, it wasn't fixed.
Third party damage isn't covered by the waranty they say. (and that took them 1.5 months + lots of scratches that weren't there when i brought it in)
All i did was remove the simtray when i got my jolla, i didn't drop it or bump it or mistreated it in any way, only after removing the tray i am now unable put it back in.
The bit of plastic that the simtray latches under has broken off and i'm left with a sim-less phone.

The question is, is this particular bit of plastic part of the housing, or is it part of the inards?
If it's part of the housing i could just get a replacement.

So, can any of you tell me whether this simtray locking plastic bit is part of a replacement housing?

Thank you.

Got exactly the same problem, looking forward to your replies, folks

Posts: 548 | Thanked: 562 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by SaiKo View Post
The question is, is this particular bit of plastic part of the housing, or is it part of the inards?
If it's part of the housing i could just get a replacement.

Thank you.
I am not sure but in this picture it looks like a separate part.

Just have a look into this thread: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=88728

I've been looking at pictures and video's of the n9 being disassembled, and that's why i asked here, i can't tell from the pictures whether the broken off plastic bit is broken off from the part pictured above or from the outer casing.

Based on pictures, both the casing and the pictured separate part have a perpendicular piece of plastic at the place where the simtray would latch and i can't tell which of the two it actually latches behind.

I was hoping there'd be people on here who have dismantled their n9 before who could tell me for sure whether a new housing would fix my problem.

i have an old cyan housing which i can have a look at when i get home

This is where the plastic's broken off.

Thank you.

yeah, that looks like part of the housing, not the replacable part shown in the other pic , if your in europe i could send u the cyan housing i have here as i wont be using it again

Thanks very much for the offer, but if i a replacement housing is indeed the fix i'm going to order a white one, since i found one new for under 6€ incl shipping.

Then it's just a matter of getting my hands on a torx t5 screwdriver.

Thank you for taking the time to help a total stranger!

Posts: 231 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Tallinn, Estonia
6€ housing is most likely the only outer shell. You can try to use it, however, I would rather buy an more complete housing...

6€ sounds a bit too cheap , this is the one i got and its pretty good
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/380623547234
you also get the tools .
Good luck!

Tags
housing, n9 simtray, simtray