Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
yeah possibly someone could get this to run on N900, it would be the end of the world war lol

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
yeah possibly someone could get this to run on N900, it would be the end of the world war lol
Yeah defenitly

Plus it's already possible to boot Anroid... so.. Maemo = Solution to everything!

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
would be interesting to see this dual booted

The Following User Says Thank You to hycraig For This Useful Post:
Symbian isn't based on linux, so I doubt it will be possible.

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
that would be awesome, true, symbian isn't based on linux but i don't think thats a problem, i think the drivers should be close, plus if symbian^3 wwas ported on the n900 it will run in full speed on our overclocked devices (becasue everyone overclocked their phones, mine is running @900 mhz 24/7 ) .
anyway porting symbian s60 v5 is very posssible ( google it and u'll find the answer )
so symbian^3 is open source with qt based apps, so if symbian^3 wasn't ported most of its apps will be ported on the n900, now isn't thAT NICE, fifa10 on the n900, or nfs shift, or PES, or google MAPS, or shazam, or ovi maps 3.3, or a youtube client with hd videos support.....
now all what we should do is wait, i mean the n900 is just tooo damm good to drop it for an android or a symbian^3, if u want to get android get nitdroid, its full time os now.

The Following User Says Thank You to elie-7 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV
Anyone got new opinion about this topic now? Is symbian^3 open enough to be ported? Is it possible or not? Will it be harder than porting android or easier? Anybody interested/about to do the job?

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ the holy land
symbian (s60v5/^3/^4) didn't support screen res more than
640x360

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maemo5 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 134 | Thanked: 247 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Spain, EU
Originally Posted by maemo5 View Post
symbian (s60v5/^3/^4) didn't support screen res more than
640x360
Symbian^4 will.

Greetings.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kevloral For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Symbian on N900? curse upon you all.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to afaq For This Useful Post:
Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
ok, as for some apps, and ovi maps with free voice guidance navigation would be nice, but come on, people with lamborghinis and ferraris don't buy another honda or nissan as a second car..... (no offence symbian, but maemo rulls ! )
back at symbian.org, they said that its very very possible, some drivers can cause some problems, but they can be rewrote .
maemo 5 and android are great now.

Last edited by elie-7; 2010-10-12 at 18:42.

The Following User Says Thank You to elie-7 For This Useful Post:

Tags
good thread, i have a dream, more like a, nightmare, road to nowhere, symbian, symbian^3