Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by eekkelund View Post
@pichlo
replace ssu up with version --dup
Yes, of course!
Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 197 | Thanked: 198 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Helsinki, Finland
Another article by digitoday (in Finnish) http://www.digitoday.fi/mobiili/2016...in/20166599/66

The C in the name stands for community. At first it was D as a developer but Jolla decided to change it to C because of wider user base than just developers.

Edit: there was also a little note about the turing phone:

-it wasn't allowed to take pictures of it
-the screen is about 5" or a bit bigger
-it has rough edges (just a pre-production model)
-fingerprint sensor is on the side
-the phone colours are mainly red and white

Last edited by late88; 2016-06-17 at 17:50.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to late88 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
there are these, not sure which is the correct one:
Code:
[nemo@Sailfish ~]$ cd /sys/class/leds/
button-backlight/ flashlight/       lcd-backlight/    torch-light0/
[nemo@Sailfish ~]$ cd /sys/class/leds/torch-light0/
[nemo@Sailfish torch-light0]$ ls
brightness  device  max_brightness  power  subsystem  trigger  uevent
[nemo@Sailfish torch-light0]$ cd ../flashlight
[nemo@Sailfish flashlight]$ ls
brightness  device  max_brightness  power  subsystem  trigger  uevent
[nemo@Sailfish flashlight]$
Thank you for this. Interesting too, I can't imagine what the difference between "torch-light0" and "flashlight" is.

Can you do a ls- l on both of those directories please? On the other devices, the control file is world readable and writable. If it's obvious which one is which, you could try turning the torch on and off manually, e.g. to turn it on

Code:
echo 1 > /sys/class/leds/torch-light0/brightness
And to turn it off:

Code:
echo 0 > /sys/class/leds/torch-light0/brightness
I have some other changes to package, so if we can figure this out tonight I should be able to provide a working flashlight app pretty much straight away.

The Following User Says Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:
Comparing display of jolla c with the old jolla's one and with nexus5's one..what can you say?
I hope that display of this C is much more better (and not just a bit) than the old one. I would consider the nexus5 display quality as a minimum standard,nowadays.

The Following User Says Thank You to itdoesntmatt For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by itdoesntmatt View Post
Comparing display of jolla c with the old jolla's one and with nexus5's one..what can you say?
I hope that display of this C is much more better (and not just a bit) than the old one. I would consider the nexus5 display quality as a minimum standard,nowadays.
You do realise the Jolla C has a 720p screen whereas the nexus 5 has a 1080p one.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nh1402 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by nh1402 View Post
You do realise the Jolla C has a 720p screen whereas the nexus 5 has a 1080p one.
I'm not sure if he does, but for me the pixel/size ratio of the original Jolla is fine (960x540 with 4,5"), so the 720p resolution with bigger display seems just about right, resolution-wise.

But that's just because my mindset is that more pixels != better display.

Readability is what makes it or breaks it for me - I had my Jolla on the lowest brightness most of the time, even outside, but the little time when the sun was too bright, would be most annoying. Also the lowest setting still seemed bit too bright for night use, so I'd be happy if Jolla C had broader range - dimmer than Jolla (1) on the lowest setting and brighter on the highest one.

Last edited by nodevel; 2016-06-17 at 21:01.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Never talked about resolution, did i?..i am not that much into it. I think there are a lot of things to be considered other than resolution when we are discussing about quality of a display. For example i am not satisfied from readibility,brightness and colours of first jolla's display.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to itdoesntmatt For This Useful Post:
I understand that, but I have a nexus 5 and I find the quality to be pretty good for the price especially after I RMA'd it when I first got it as it had dead pixels and terrible backlight bleed, and the replacement does not have those things. Its especially good if you're not comparing it to anything.

The nexus 5 is like the Nissan GTR, it's variable whether you get one with a good display or not. (Nissan GTR having a hand built engine which varied in HP)

Come to think of it my Xperia Ray had more vibrant colours than the nexus 5, so I see where you're coming from.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nh1402 For This Useful Post:
I understand that, but I have a nexus 5 and I find the quality to be pretty good for the price especially after I RMA'd it when I first got it as it had dead pixels and terrible backlight bleed, and the replacement does not have those things. Its especially good if you're not comparing it to anything.

The nexus 5 is like the Nissan GTR, it's variable whether you get one with a good display or not. (Nissan GTR having a hand built engine which varied in HP)
Comparison is the only way to communicate when we are talking about good-bad but with our personal different standards.
Maybe i took a wrong model cause display of nexus5 as you said does change dramatically depending from batch

The Following User Says Thank You to itdoesntmatt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by eekkelund View Post
Yes works well. http://i.imgur.com/62ZEwc7.png
Interesting. Following your correction my update downloaded and installed a lot of stuff, rebooted, and now ssu re says 2.0.2.43 but About product in Settings says 2.0.1.11. Huh?

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla c, sailfish os