Notices

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 198 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by late88 View Post
I am experiencing a massive battery drain with the latest beta. Anyone else have the same?
If anyone experiencing this just quit whatsup and start again. Pulseaudio and whatsup was both using cpu constantly about 10-15 percent. I'm not sure how whatsup can cause pulseaudio to use the cpu so extensively but after quitting whatsup also pulseaudio settled down.

The Following User Says Thank You to late88 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 93 | Thanked: 87 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Bavaria Germany
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
because Meecast have ONE codebase for all platforms.
Too bad, I was afraid.

Hello,

unfortunately I cannot register at all. I did delete Whatsapp on my Android and closed in in chrome.
I am using a SailfishOS port on Nexus 4... Could this be the reason it fails?
Regards

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Is there some error message showed?

yes sorry I forgot that it's 'bad param'.
I am just reading weird things on github you wrote... About config files...

However I signed in on my android again and it work, then killed process, app while online and then deinstalled.
Still the registration fails.
Regards

Okay it worked when I typed my number in manually. Even though I double (triple) checked it when I used to paste it...
Thanks and hello to the community

btw, when I activate search in the contacts screen, the phone seems to slow down terribly. is this a known issue or perhaps my phone is just borked?

Posts: 1,023 | Thanked: 4,421 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Argentina
Originally Posted by droll View Post
btw, when I activate search in the contacts screen, the phone seems to slow down terribly. is this a known issue or perhaps my phone is just borked?
It's bad implemented. I took an old code for this and never checked it again. Be patient, it's in todo list.
CallBlocker for Harmattan

Support my work:
Paypal / Bitcoin

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CepiPerez For This Useful Post:
Hi Cepi,
A few suggestions,if possible kindly make the online indicator for people online a bit bigger and please add 'Notifications' list like the one we have on N9.No hurries though,I am sure you have a lot of work yet to complete on the app.Thanks

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 218 times | Joined on Jan 2014 @ India
@ KempeWeidenbaum: I don't know if this would help or if it is the correct procedure, but it always worked for me. Earlier when I was using Mitakuulluu 1, I moved to the official android Whatsapp, but was not able to able to send pictures as android didnt have access to the gallery. So I tried to switch back to Mitakuuluu, but was getting registration error, no matter what I tried. I installed android Whatsapp again, got registered and then installed Mitakuuluu and Mita was able to detect the Whatsapp account automatically.
Then upgraded to Mita ver. 2and when I recently switched to whatsup, I installed it while I still had my Mita ver 2 and I didnt have any registration problems. After my whatsup was installed and was found to be working fine, I uninstalled mita ver 2.
So, my suggestion is, have yourself registered via the official Android Whatsapp, install Cepi's whatsup and see if you are able to register / or if whatsup automatically detects the whatsapp account and if either works, then uninstall the official Whatsapp.

Tags
alpha, jolla, tohkbd, whatsup