Notices

Posts: 141 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
Current situation: interesting
Phonebook access: not working ("PB update" is still displayed as it was like before after being freshly paired, but now just "No Memory" is shown during access of PB)
Call history: partly working ("No Memory" is still displayed for "Dialed Calls", whereas entries are now listed for both "Missed Calls" and "Received Calls" - but unit displays them with "NO Name", probably because of empty PB on unit)
Weird.
1) The question is if the PBAP worked with previous version or the carkit just remember some state from past (does it update PB?).
2) I can't imagine why Dialed calls doesn't work while the others does. The only idea is count of entries.
3) NO Name shouldn't rely on empty PB as different VCARDs. I send in name just fullname which should be correct based on specification. But maybe carkit doesn't follow it and expect another form.

This smells like i have to dig deeply into it and generate some logs...
I don't have good news for you as it seems so

You have two possibilities: you can dig a debug logs (wiki - trouble shooting) or follow instructions below (or do the both):
1) remove rtcom-eventlogger-async package and re-pair
2) while steps 1 and 2 doesn't help please try downgrade to the previous version and re-pair (you should get debug log if you want)

Btw: with patched 'evolution-data-server' package, is this patch also in the CSSU-T version? I compared revision numbers, and they seem to be the same.
It's part of CSSU-T since version 5.

The Following User Says Thank You to luf For This Useful Post:
i can confirm initial MAP functionality works. Due to lack of push and notifications, new sms events are not seen and new smses are not captured at the other end. On initial pairing, new smes are seen at the other end.

Keep up the good work.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to droll For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by luf View Post
You have two possibilities: you can dig a debug logs (wiki - trouble shooting)
PM'd you the links for hcidump and syslog.

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
PM'd you the links for hcidump and syslog.
There is critical bug for IrMC phonebook support in obexd since version 0.46-1maemo3 (including).

I try to fix it but I have no IrMC carkit to test now So please don_falcone let's try it. It's not a new release however it has new version number). Here is the link for the obexd package:
http://merlin1991.at/~luf/obexd/obex...ssu1_armel.deb

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luf For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
If you want me to do test cases, i'll happy try them with my Alpine.

If you want me to do test cases, i'll happy try them with my Alpine.
Great. Thank you. Please test the new obexd (link provided in my last post) and let me know if you see the contact list/phonebook. If you still don't see the contact list please provide me just the syslog debug output as last time.

The Following User Says Thank You to luf For This Useful Post:
Ok, with that newer obex i see one slight improvement, namely that all three (dialed,received, missed calls) instead of two histories are populated - but still with number and "NO NAME" only. Anyway, previously "Dialed Calls" was completely empty.

I did two sessions today, one with IrMC and the other with PBAP (noplugins=irmc,syncevolution). Links to cleaned-up syslogs send per PM. Sequence was roughly: Voice Call (not supported), Dialed Calles, Received Calls, Missed Calls, Phone Book.

Two remarks to make:
(IrMC session)
As soon as i selected "Dialed calls" the unit triggered a PB update. This took way longer than usual, but at the end of sync the unit still pop'd up "No Memory" and the PB was empty.

(PBAP session)
No sync is triggered when accessing PB or call lists. They show the entries was received before during IrMC sync. Also, therefore PB is empty too ("No Memory"). May be simply that IrMC sync is needed.

Last edited by don_falcone; 2012-11-06 at 09:40.

Ok, with that newer obex i see one slight improvement, namely that all three (dialed,received, missed calls) instead of two histories are populated - but still with number and "NO NAME" only. Anyway, previously "Dialed Calls" was completely empty.
Nice, but I do nothing with call history. And I saw that everything seems well in hcidump. I'm affraid that "NO NAME" is the problem with different form of NAME. But it follows the specification. We will see when phonebook will be fixed.

Sequence was roughly: Voice Call (not supported), Dialed Calles, Received Calls, Missed Calls, Phone Book.
What do you mean with Voice call? I don't think it's obexd related.

(IrMC session)
As soon as i selected "Dialed calls" the unit triggered a PB update. This took way longer than usual, but at the end of sync the unit still pop'd up "No Memory" and the PB was empty.
I see the delay in IrMC when carkit is trying to get some information due to another bug. The patch has written by some imbecile ... aaah it was me
I fixed it and uploaded new version to the same location as yesterday:
http://merlin1991.at/~luf/obexd/obex...ssu1_armel.deb

I know it has the same filename but fixed obexd and also changelog. Please give it a try and report back the result. Thanks.

(PBAP session)
Also, therefore PB is empty too ("No Memory"). May be simply that IrMC sync is needed.
You're right. Your device doesn't support PB over PBAP or I don't know why it doesn't use PBAP for obtaining PB.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to luf For This Useful Post:
Good news: PB as well as call history are populated now! (i took the opportunity during my lunch break out of curiosity) Tutto bene Also, when using PBAP, PB and history are accessible, but of course not synced. I will update the Wiki accordingly. It's nice that with your effort we iron'd it out.

(Now i have to find out why just _one_ particular contact won't get synced.)

Just out of curiosity: what did you change in package then?

As for Voice Call, headunit supports Voice call feature, but i don't know what dependencies have to be fulfilled on mobile device side.

EDIT:

What means "Nokia-N900 obexd[2000]: get_next_header(): Resource temporarily unavailable (11)"? It occurs several times in both test cases.

Also, i see plugins/pbap.c and plugins/irmc.c used both when i have enabled IrMC, whileas only plugins/pbap.c is used when IrMC is disabled.

Last edited by don_falcone; 2012-11-06 at 13:42.

Good news: PB as well as call history are populated now! (i took the opportunity during my lunch break out of curiosity) Tutto bene Also, when using PBAP, PB and history are accessible, but of course not synced.
Thank you very much for you help with testing and providing me the output.
I don't understand what isn't synced. Can you explain it with more details?
Can you also confirm/decline if the "NO NAME" problem persist?

(Now i have to find out why just _one_ particular contact won't get synced.)
Let's try to use pbap-client from your computer/laptop or hcidump with ascii output to see what is transferred from N900 to carkit. Maybe there is some parsing problem and two following contacts are merged by carkit (I saw this with my carkit but I see no problem with vcards). Contacts aren't sorted alphabeticaly when retrieving from N900 ...

Just out of curiosity: what did you change in package then?
One imbecile (me) is using some restructuralization patches for irmc.c and I made 2 mistakes:
1) detect /telecom/luid/ instead of /telecom/pb/luid/
2) forgot to return session struct when open is successful (everytime returns NULL).
You can see it better in CSSU obexd git repository. I'll push it in few minutes.

As for Voice Call, headunit supports Voice call feature, but i don't know what dependencies have to be fulfilled on mobile device side.
This isn't supported neither by bluez nor by obexd. I have this on my TODO but don't hold your breath. The TODO is still growing.
For example higher positions are new bluez version with DUN and PAN support (missing some PAN part now), obexd MAP support with push and notifications ...

What means "Nokia-N900 obexd[2000]: get_next_header(): Resource temporarily unavailable (11)"? It occurs several times in both test cases.
This is ok. It's due to asynchronous calls. It tries read before the async callback fill some data.

Also, i see plugins/pbap.c and plugins/irmc.c used both when i have enabled IrMC, whileas only plugins/pbap.c is used when IrMC is disabled.
Sure. It has two reasons
1) call history is accessed only through PBAP with your carkit
2) IrMC calls routines form PBAP as it returns the same What I want to say is that IrMC is implemented as only some wrapper for PBAP in obexd + some info following IrMC specification

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luf For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada rox, bluetooth, carkit, contacts, irmc sync, pbap profile