Posts: 3,139 | Thanked: 8,156 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ From my Gabriola Island hermitage, near the Edge of the World
I do the same...
for both the n900 and n8x0's
a lot easier....
sadly the chimeric apps ((youtube, skype (though it works ok still on a diff device ....won't jinx it )...etc...)) are a perpetual issue that always just get worse...and eventually become an impossibility to fix.

Owner of :
1-n770 (in retirement), 3-n800's / 3-n810's (still in daily use), 5-n900's ((3 are flawless, 1 loose usb ( parts), 1 has no telephony (parts))
3-nexus 5's : 1 w/ Floko Pie 9.1 (running beautifully) waiting for Stable Droid 10 rom, 1 w/ ̶Ubuntu Touch, 1 with Maru OS (intend maemo leste when ready)

1/2 - neo900 pre- "purchased" in 2013. N̶o̶w̶ ̶A̶w̶a̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶e̶f̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶c̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶l̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶e̶w̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ - neo900 start up declared officially dead -
Lost invested funds.

PIMP MY N8X0 (Idiot's Guide and a video walkthrough)http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94294
THE LOST GRONMAYER CATALOGShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ight=gronmayer
N8X0 VIDEO ENCODING THE EASY WAYhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ght=mediacoder
242gb ON N800http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90634
THE PAIN-FREE MAEMO DEVELOPMENT LIVE DISTRO-ISO FOR THE NOOB TO THE PROhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=95567
AFFORDABLE MASS PRODUCTION FOR MAEMO PARTShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=93325

Meateo balloons now available @ Dave999's Meateo Emporium

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to endsormeans For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
I have now done almost all that have been instructed in the cutetube thread. Stupid of me not to check that first and continue there. But I have kernel-power53, overclocked to 900, certain instructed qt4-network and openssl 1 installed both, installed from devel updated maemosec-certman-ca (don't know what are the dependencies so they are not yet installed but it installed fine), changed openmediaplayer as the default player. Still won't give any stream or stream info of possible resolutions to choose from.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
If others are reporting the same, you probably need to fix it at a source code level and then rebuild the package. Marxian was the original Dec, source code is on GitHub https://github.com/marxoft/qyoutube.

Before looking at that, have you tried running app from the terminal? The code has multiple qDebug calls so it may help to track down what part of the code is failing.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
How exactly I launch it from terminal? So is it a certain directory I have to be in or launch it with a path to that directory or how? I mean it will launch with 'cutetube2' am I right? I'm at the beginner level with linux, sometimes it seem that still outside cause I don't know so basic stuff. Even though have been using for over ten years and used lots of different distros. And thanks for help.

ps. With so little knowledge in me I have made instructions to have Chromium 57 from odroid on ED jessie. It scares me how much I have missed in those instructions and wonder how well it could really work if someone who understands these things would do it. Not pointing at you. Just telling cause I'm occasionally a bit embarrased of my lack of knowledge and feel a need to tell that I have accomplished atleast something.

Last edited by Maemish; 2019-08-21 at 08:06.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Can cutetube2 users confirm they can't find video streams? Or is it just my problem and others have a working setup?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Tried youtube-dl but as I supposed it is outdated and could not update even though tried' both updating the current with youtube-dl -U and to download the latest (which was stupid to even try).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 862 | Thanked: 2,511 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Koiruus View Post
but I really miss QSpot. Lack of Spotify client is perhaps the biggest issue for me on software side with N900, along with lack of modern web browser of course.
Since when it doesn't work anymore? What ssl version or qt version you are running? How is the authentification with a generated application password or facebook?

It could be that libspotify doesn't work anymore. But qspot is not using the latest lib. So I could give it a try to use the latest lib.

Do not use libspotify.

Link to header, lib and discussion.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Halftux For This Useful Post:
Posts: 391 | Thanked: 908 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ suncity
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
Can cutetube2 users confirm they can't find video streams? Or is it just my problem and others have a working setup?
I can confirm that it does not work anymore for months' now... I have youtube-dl under kali and when I last tried, it worked...
But... I was gone for LineageOS now with Termux and UserLand/Kali on it... What a shame...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to justmemory For This Useful Post:
You with your Kali which haunts me, never let me go from the looplooploop which I could never figure out. I'm afraid to even try anymore cause it embarrased me so badly and mocks me every time I even glance at your instructions which are still in private messages. Sigh.

The Following User Says Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 256 | Thanked: 939 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Halftux View Post
Since when it doesn't work anymore? What ssl version or qt version you are running? How is the authentification with a generated application password or facebook?

It could be that libspotify doesn't work anymore. But qspot is not using the latest lib. So I could give it a try to use the latest lib.

Do not use libspotify.

Link to header, lib and discussion.
To be correct, the app still works. Authentication works too (I use Spotify credentials, not via FB). But that's it pretty much. Playlists had been gone over a year ago, at same time with Sailfish's Librespot (dunno if somebody has already fixed that for Sailfish). But searching for music and playing it worked a bit longer. Nowadays you don't have playlist nor the search finds anything for you, which makes the app pretty useless.

I have the default CSSU Testing OpenSSL, which seems to be 0.9.8zh. Dunno how to check qt version, but I haven't upgraded that either, so I guess it's the default version for this CSSU (latest).

It would be great if you got it working again! The internet radios (suggested by xman) are ok, but I'm quite limited on what I'd like to listen, so I'd like to decide it on my own

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Koiruus For This Useful Post: