Notices

i'm trying to stream some tv and it requires wma9spdshow according to my mplayer terminal output. Anyone know if there is software out there that will support this codec or a compiled version of mplayer with the codec included?

Generally these won't work. Mplayer under linux can use windows codecs, but this is through a wine library that can load the DLLs. There isn't a windows mobile arm wine to do the same. (Similar problem with 64 bit linux - you need the whole 32 bit infrastructure to use 32 bit dll codecs and a 32 bit mplayer).

Can wine work in Easy Debian?

Originally Posted by luketoh View Post
Can wine work in Easy Debian?
Unless there's an ARM port of windows that's been kept a wonderful secret, no.

There is an ARM port of Windows - Windows Mobile, complete with codecs.

http://www.4winmobile.com/forums/pho...decs-here.html

(you must register to get the zip linked in the message) which contains wma[asv]dmod.dll (audio, speech, video), for ARM.

The DLL connection AFAIK is the same as windows, so an ARM port of the Wine DLL loader (used by mplayer for the ia32 codecs) should work, but I don't do windows so don't know the API. Worse, it doesn't seem to be a routine but some kind of codec object with callbacks and other stuff so it wouldn't be a matter of finding a decode function.

Last edited by tz1; 2008-10-15 at 21:08. Reason: an ARM port of the dll loader...

Posts: 288 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London
I find that internet radio station that plays well on my N810 media player is not supported in N900 (codec is Windows Media Audio 9.2 ).

Any ideas please ?

Thanks