Posts: 54 | Thanked: 89 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Vlaardingen, Netherlands
Hello, I bought my n900 second-hand a few weeks ago, found this site and installed everything including kitchen sink and remote-toilet-flusher but managed to mess thing up when installing bleeding edge drivers on powerkernel 47 on low battery (no initfs) and went into boot loop.

I did manage to rescue the phone by flashing kernel only but then couldn't install anything anymore.

Now completely reflashed, installed power kernel again and currently installing cssu

thank you to all people developing for this computer-phone.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Whispering Weasel For This Useful Post:
new member ( not a user for n900 , yet )

I planed to buy N900 this month , but after read the 'mess' around it , i'll be patient and see !

I love it , and in my opinion I think it is the best

regards

Last edited by linuxguru; 2011-05-10 at 19:55.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to linuxguru For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 312 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ P.A.
Posted this in diff thread,but this one's more appropriate. Wanted to say what's up to every1 here on the site. BY NO MEANS am i a developer, nor a hacker/programmer but a HUGE fan of this OS. I don't even own a N900 or any piece of Maemo technology. Love Nokia products. Just from reading blogs/forums & watching different videos, & seeing the different things this OS is capable of, seems like my kind of OS. Love tinkering with my devices, (altering settings & features to make it a more personal experience) & can't wait for this N9/N950 to come out, as it will be my first Maemo/Meego device. Now for the million dollar question, does anyone think i should stay away from this type of device, being that it's known as a "geek" or developer/hacker device ? I mean, i'm a carpenter for christ sake....lol. Dying for a new phone, currently have a E71, & would literally HATE to go the Apple route.... Any advice would be appreciated....

Last edited by scapegoat845; 2011-05-16 at 01:27.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scapegoat845 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
Originally Posted by scapegoat845 View Post
Posted this in diff thread,but this one's more appropriate. Wanted to say what's up to every1 here on the site. BY NO MEANS am i a developer, nor a hacker/programmer but a HUGE fan of this OS. I don't even own a N900 or any piece of Maemo technology. Love Nokia products. Just from reading blogs/forums & watching different videos, & seeing the different things this OS is capable of, seems like my kind of OS. Love tinkering with my devices, (altering settings & features to make it a more personal experience) & can't wait for this N9/N950 to come out, as it will be my first Maemo/Meego device. Now for the million dollar question, does anyone think i should stay away from this type of device, being that it's known as a "geek" or developer/hacker device ? I mean, i'm a carpenter for christ sake....lol. Dying for a new phone, currently have a E71, & would literally HATE to go the Apple route.... Any advice would be appreciated....
i don't know why we mere mortals can't own or use this phone. i'm no dev as well but i like it. and the fact that the N900's being supported by a great community makes owning one even more fun. i bet you can feel the passion around here.
i'd warn you about the battery though... you're coming from an E71 and from what i've heard it's got really great battery life.

edit: i forgot i dropped by this thread to say hello! hehe lots of warmth and sunshine from the Philippines!

Last edited by vetsin; 2011-05-23 at 13:56.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vetsin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
Hello everyone!

Though i am not a new user but since i have not posted or coming first time here( in this thread) i want to say.......

Hello and Greetings from India!

get your smooth live wallpaper today
My YouTube videos

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nicholes For This Useful Post:
Posts: 404 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Dehradun,India
hello too.
Just out of curosity who put's "bada rox" tag everywhere?

Hello everybody
i am also a new member to maemo.org and i have to say thanks for all the great stuff wich was made possible by this AWESOME community

i have my n900 for about 8 months now (wow didn't felt this long) and i think it's the best mobile device i've ever seen - not at least because of this community...

hopefully my n900 doesn't break before a "real replacement" is available but maybe i simply read to many horror story's about the usb port and so on

oh and sorry for my english

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frickelson For This Useful Post:
This video cannot be played in your region! How to solve it in microb web browser?
This video cannot be played in your region! How to solve it in microb web browser? In windows, we can use hotspot shield! So what is for maemo5? Thanks

Hello hello

waz up guyz?

I just want to say hello and then show off my stupid idea of fixing a problem xD

mfg tcm

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tcm34riu234h For This Useful Post:
hi!
I just registered today and glad too join this forum.
and I hope to learn things from this forum

مهاجرت به کانادا

Last edited by mahni1390; 2011-06-13 at 08:17.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mahni1390 For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada boom, bada rox, hotelcalifornia, new users, newbie, newmo!, w2tmo, welcome to maemo.org