Notices

have a look at the listed dependencies and download every single one of them to the same folder as where you downloaded mplayer.
Hi thanks for your help again!
I am on the link now and was wondering where the option is to download all of the dependancies?

sorry about this i am the biggest noob when it comes to this phone and its OS.

you can also install "Kmplayer" it is also having Stretch & Zoom to Fit options..

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
@Toby

You mean, all of the deps at once? I'm afraid not. That's why it would be useful to install from the phone itself, as apt-get was designed to take care of dependencies, opposed to dpkg.

So, no, you'll have to download them separately.

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
sorry to barge in but I remember seeing in the wiki that you should never use visudo, it will slowly kill your phone

i've had a similar problem;
before pr 1.3 a divx file seems to be perfect ratio; after 1.3 and CSSU the ratio of SAME file has became stretched in height... is this a bug or a problem with default player? ..the same with mediabox

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
...he seems to have a complicated time.

"The" way would be:
- enabling extras and extras-testing (and perhaps extras-devel too, usual warnings apply) repositories
- install Faster Application Manager (a.k.a. FAPman) from extras repository
- launch it, let it import the Hildon Application Manager (HAM) settings, do an repository update check
- install mentioned players straight from the reps

Last edited by don_falcone; 2011-08-20 at 10:43.

Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
...he seems to have a complicated time.

"The" way would be:
- enabling extras and extras-testing (and perhaps extras-devel too, usual warnings apply) repositories
- install Faster Application Manager (a.k.a. FAPman) from extras repository
- launch it, let it import the Hildon Application Manager (HAM) settings, do an repository update check
- install mentioned players straight from the reps
...If he had a working internet connection on his N900, which he doesn't.