Notices

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
lpotter, if you have Qtopia running, you really ought to start a new thread on just that. (I see your signature shows you're affiliated with Trolltech.)

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

Has to be Ipotter's own dev because no port exists of QTopia. Very nice work though.
If you build we will most definitely come. Dan

Posts: 63 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Brisbane, Australia
Originally Posted by dan View Post
Ipotter,

Very cool.
Is there a .deb file?
I especially like the news and stock ticker.
Do tell us more?? Dan
Not yet a .deb file. The news and stock ticker is really just a demo right now.

Has to be Ipotter's own dev because no port exists of QTopia. Very nice work though.
If you build we will most definitely come. Dan
We have had a n800 half done in sources in the Qtopia source code for sometime now.

Originally Posted by GeraldKo View Post
lpotter, if you have Qtopia running, you really ought to start a new thread on just that. (I see your signature shows you're affiliated with Trolltech.)
Well, once it is in a usable state, I will post more. There is lots of work remaining.

Ipotter,

Keep up the great work.
I've spent sometime going over your site and it rocks!
I can't wait to port.
One suggestion do the port like Penguinbait did with KDE so it's an extra system with its own partition. That way as more apps are developed it has room to grow. This would also not alienate Nokia and Maemo. They would just see it as an additional and complementary system and apps. If you need a tester I'm available just pm me. Dan
P.S. I would love to have news and stock ticker floating on my screen across bottom or top when I'm surfing web or even when I have net on but not browser.

Posts: 228 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Ontario & Iceland
My N800 desktop. Love this tablet...

My b/w mod

Wallpaper:

Last edited by JackED; 2008-03-31 at 21:11.

Posts: 751 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ East Gowanus
Ipotter,
. This would also not alienate Nokia and Maemo. They would just see it as an additional and complementary system and apps.
As far as I know, Nokia bought Trolltech a few months ago so I don't know how alienated they would be. It looks like a great mobile interface though and the more choice we have the better.

Originally Posted by GeraldKo View Post
Hey, lpotter, what kind of a tease is this: "This is Qtopia running on an n810."?

The Qtopia home page says, "Qtopia can run on any device that runs Linux(tm)."

But I don't get how you do it, or, to tell you the truth, quite what Qtopia is.

Is it running from the Web only, or is it putting apps into your N810, or what?

Does it run smoothly? How's its speed/responsiveness? Does it cause any problems?

And, what the heck, does it include a PIM that can synch and run on both the web and an unconnected Tablet?

http://trolltech.com/products/qtopia

Qtopia is a gui environment for Embedded Linux devices, and has been around since 2001. One of the first devices to ship it were the Sharp Zaurus,

Tags
bora, chinook, desktop, diablo, insane emulation, maemo, maemo 2, maemo 3, maemo 4, picture, pictures, screens getting shot, screenshots