Originally Posted by mosen View Post
When we start honest critics on the device in light of comparison to recent devices, the second major flaw on Jtab in its current state is the GPU/Screen behaviour.
Jtab is the only SFOS device that sports a stuttering UI in almost any situation.
Is it possible the GPU is simply to weak to give 60fps on 2k resolution?
Phew, I thought it was just my device that was stuttering so badly. I'm conflicted on whether that's a good thing, though.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
This is a brutal April's fool joke. But I like it

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Boxeri For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by nthn View Post
Phew, I thought it was just my device that was stuttering so badly. I'm conflicted on whether that's a good thing, though.
To those who can not compare, effektive workflow is still the fasts of all sfos devices i own.
Thats why i did those benchmarks some time back to convince myself that it just "feels slow".
I have the feeling that UX on tablet could be greatly improved by software means like a special patch that skips or shortens most of the eyecandy.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
In terms of processors, if you were to do something like this, couldn't you swap it for a higher spec variant in the same generation product line. Instruction support should be the same and GPU if Intel should use same unified driver.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Is there any awailable, If I remember correctly Intel was driving down the products for tablets.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to feedme For This Useful Post:
Wow, I really hope more tablet users may convince Jolla to make some software optimisations.

As mosen wrote earlier, the percieved framerate on the tablet is really low, also parts of the glassy background of normal silica apps tend to flicker black now and then.
Also, the build in screenshot capabilities in lipstick are really only fast enough on really low resolutions (JP01), what makes things like screencasting impossible.

But – as we all know – the most important thing still missing is split screen support.
___
list of i486/noarch packages on openrepos (jolla tablet)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to velox For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Thank you all for the support and interest. Here is some real photos of an early prototype (The back Intel and SFOS logo was printed horizontally instead of vertically) It's April 1st here but this is not a joke.

We will be shipping with latest SFOS 2.1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xy65zanfy0...24251.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q0plye0zz7...24238.jpg?dl=0

Last edited by chenliangchen; 2017-04-01 at 12:33.

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
It's April 1st here but this is not a joke.
I will officially add this to my definition of Nerd:

"A Person being struck by 1st of april when announcing unbelievable but legit projects".

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Maybe I missed it but what will this tablet cost?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
Thank you all for the support and interest. Here is some real photos of an early prototype (The back Intel and SFOS logo was printed horizontally instead of vertically) It's April 1st here but this is not a joke.

We will be shipping with latest SFOS 2.1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xy65zanfy0...24251.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q0plye0zz7...24238.jpg?dl=0
Please scam us via indiegogo again, please. Don't forget all the stretch goals and fake news.

Jolla said it was no more parts and no more would be manufactured. Did you find the big bag with all the parts in a shady area of Hong Kong? The word on the street is that Marc dumped the bag in some dark ally when he fled the scene in panic after the scam was revealed...

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2017-04-01 at 13:56.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla tablet, sailfish os