Notices

Posts: 155 | Thanked: 309 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ The Netherlands
Bug in Webcat version 1.9.9.
Copy selected text does not work. The Copy button doesn't work correctly.

Webcat:
1) Use a LONG press on a piece of text
Result 1) Text gets sort of highlighted with a blue border. This selection is copied to the clipboard and can be pasted where you want it.

2) Tap the highlighted text.
Result 2) Highlighted text gets displayed in a separate window. You have the option Copy or Cancel.

3) Tap on the text.
Result 3) The window the text is shown in activates (keyboard appears).

4) Long press a word and expand the highlighted parts at will and select the option Copy.
Result 4) BUG: The selected words should be copied to the clipboard which you can use to paste where you want it.
However the Copy option does not function correctly in this instance. It only works the first time you use it during a Webcat session.

Last edited by n900user259; 2015-03-06 at 20:42. Reason: Updated with info supplied by llelectronics

BUG: The selected words should be copied to the clipboard which you can use to paste where you want it.
However the Copy option does not function in this instance. As in, it doesn't do anything.
Can you elaborate on this bug.

If you mark something in the text box it automatically is copied to the clipboard. This works also in Webcat.
But if you have something marked and slide right to copy it will copy the whole text that is shown in the text box and not only the marked part. (Did you mean that behavior ?)

Donate using Liberapay

Originally Posted by llelectronics View Post
If you mark something in the text box it automatically is copied to the clipboard. This works also in Webcat.
This I didn't even know. I checked it and yes it works.
A long press on text marks it with a blue border. This is copied to the clipboard.

But if you have something marked and slide right to copy it will copy the whole text that is shown in the text box and not only the marked part. (Did you mean that behavior ?)
I don't quite understand what you mean with slide right.
If I tap the text within the blue border the text is shown in a separate window which comes from the right ( I guess you mean this).
When I highlight a word or a sentence from the text in this window and press Copy, it does not copy the highlighted part to clipboard every time (saw it working just now but only once).

Edit: Tried it a few times. The Copy button only works the first time you use it during a session. The times after that it doesn't work and you can only paste the result of the first initial copy action.

Last edited by n900user259; 2015-03-06 at 20:45.

The copy button copies not the marked text but all the text in the slide in new pages textbox.
If it does not copy on second or third try then it is clearly a silica bug as I use the clipboard and its copy function there.
It is wanky since version 1.0 and I guess there is an error in lipstick but I am not sure.

Update: Updated the package on openrepos due to a slight packaging problem that caused some qml files to be older than they actually should be.

Get the RPM from openrepos

Maybe the copying works better with this version.

Donate using Liberapay

Last edited by llelectronics; 2015-03-06 at 22:09.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post:
It looks like it's working.
You don't even need to use the Copy button anymore.

1) Use a LONG press on a piece of text
Result 1) Text gets highlighted with a blue border. This selection is copied to the clipboard and can be pasted where you want it.

2) Tap the highlighted text.
Result 2) Highlighted text gets displayed in a separate window. You have the option Copy or Cancel.

3) Tap on the text.
Result 3) The window the text is shown in activates (keyboard appears).

4) Long press a word and expand the highlighted parts at will.
Result 4) Everything highlighted is copied to the clipboard which you can use to paste where you want it.

Update: 2.0 final is out now. Get RPM from Openrepos

Some speed improvements were added and bugs were fixed in this version that were found in the 1.9.9 RC

I also submitted this version to harbour.

Enjoy.

Donate using Liberapay

Last edited by llelectronics; 2015-03-17 at 14:05.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post:
Update: 2.0.1 is out now.

Switched to Youtube API v3 for retrieving Youtube Video titles.
Youtube API v2 was turned off by Google.
API v3 has a quota and the key is shared with LLs Video Player.
If you encounter issues retrieving the Youtube Videotitle please tell me so I can check if it is hitting the quota limits.

Get RPM from here

Should land soon in Harbour

Donate using Liberapay

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post:
I actually had this even before the update, but every file that I download ends up in the Downloads folder named as 'download' (and if it already exists then 'download0', 'download1'...) regardless of the original name.

Probably not relevant but I have private browsing on.

The Following User Says Thank You to tmi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
@tmi, you are not alone. It would be nice to have the proper file name.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
@tmi & @pichlo . Thanks for noticing.
Should be fixed with new rpm now.

Get RPM here

Also fixed is the 1.1.4 edge swiping behavior when starting in landscape should be fixed now

Donate using Liberapay

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post:

Tags
browser, webbrowser