Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
My proposal for facebook page cover,

along with some alternatives

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
i agree with qwazix. 1st picture looks good.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
Posts: 594 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Rhine
Why are you people so angry about development? Who was it, that developed Maemo? Those were the exact people, who are now continuing it as Sailfish.

They were the people working at Nokia coming to their bosses with an Open-Source-Linux-Idea. And who was is, that told them "Ok, but don't make a phone out of it" (until Maemo 5)? NOKIA

They were the people who loved Maemo, but had now had to collaborate with Intel and rebrand it as Meego and build in something stupid, they did not want, called Aegis. And who told them to do this? NOKIA

Who told them to use a non-replacable battery and no SD-card anymore? NOKIA

... and now these people are free to build a phone, they (and most of us) always wanted, and we should not support them?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leinad For This Useful Post:
Why not put the N900 there too with the sailfish phone in the top picture. Give the N900 with some typical Maemo screenshots 2/3 or 3/4 of the space, and the est to the Jolla device, as to say that that is the successor for the N900. Maemo is N900. To put hte Jolla there front and centre could be misleading to visitors. Is it Jolla? Maemo?
Motorola M3688 → Ericsson R320 → Siemens S40 → Motorola V60c → Palm Treo 650 → Blackberry 9000 → Nokia N900 → HP Pre 3 → Nokia N900 → Nokia N9 → Nokia N900 → Nokia 808 → Blackberry Z10 → Blackberry Passport

Only dead fish swim with the stream.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Wizard of Huz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
My proposal for facebook page cover,
The first picture has a good layout but a bit busy. Should use N900 in front very close and big and in full focus. A bit more in the distance, little bit out of focus the standing N9. And have the N900 with sceen brightness at full and N9 at lower brightness. As it is now the N9 is dominating with its bright screen and dominating tall standing stance.
Motorola M3688 → Ericsson R320 → Siemens S40 → Motorola V60c → Palm Treo 650 → Blackberry 9000 → Nokia N900 → HP Pre 3 → Nokia N900 → Nokia N9 → Nokia N900 → Nokia 808 → Blackberry Z10 → Blackberry Passport

Only dead fish swim with the stream.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Wizard of Huz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Exactly.
I have no probs with integrating Jolla/Sailfish. But keep Maemo in mind and front (at least now ).

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Damn qwazix, learn some Photoshop.
Was wondering why this thread caused my N900 to shudder to a staggering crawl.

Now looking at it on my Ububtu laptop and discovered those images are absolutely massive

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
Posts: 500 | Thanked: 437 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oklahoma
I know what you mean. The full image opened up in my browser before shrinking down into the "click this bar to view full image" box. While it was loading I was thinking "what, just a gradient background?" And then the corner of an N900 appeared and then it popped into the box.

The Following User Says Thank You to tzsm98 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
I agree with qwazix proposals, as those pictures are more representative of the Maemo heritage.
Then perhaps the selected photo could be stitched side by side with a picture of a Jolla device, representing the likely future.

The Following User Says Thank You to minimos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
@qwazix - please, downsize those images a bit, it was for the first time to see my device using 500 MB of swap

Anyway, I am not against Jolla/Sailfish, the point is that it looks weird to me to have only yet-to-be released device as something representing Maemo. Why not put Ubuntu phone then, after all Maemo is Debian derivative ?

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:

Tags
facebook, maemo