Active Topics

Hello everyone-

I currently a Cyan Nokia N9 16GB, an unlocked Malaysian variant to be specific. Anyway, I stupidly flashed an incorrect PR 1.3 firmware from 3 in Sweden a few months ago and I've had nothing but problems ever since. Beyond that, I also (stupidly) attempted to change the product code of the phone in order to downgrade the firmware back to the original one.

Long story short, I've continually experienced multiple glitches and problems over the past few months. To begin with, the battery life on the phone since I flashed the new firmware has gone to crap, meaning the phone now lasts then half a day if fully charged. I've also had bugs with my contacts not loading automatically at bootup, the Facebook app not working at all, Wazapp not sending messages, and a whole host of other issues. If anyone has any ideas for how to fix these problems I'd be very grateful. Thanks in advance.

-Sincerely, bobofosho123

The Following User Says Thank You to bobofosho123 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 509 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Mexico/Germany
Wrong to open a new thread. Aks in the comprehensive firmware flashing guide. There is hope

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chilango For This Useful Post:
Anyone else have any ideas? I already posted in the flashing my question the phone flashing thread.

Posts: 418 | Thanked: 506 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Argentina
first describe:

- which pc you had before
- which pc you have now
- which firmware versions you used (complete number)

Originally Posted by flotron View Post
first describe:

- which pc you had before
- which pc you have now
- which firmware versions you used (complete number)
Ok, will do:

-I have a windows 7 ultimate 64bit PC...I'm assumming you meant my computer, and I have the same one now that I used before.

-My original firmware for my Malaysian Cyan N9 16GB A6D5F456_DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3_PR_LEGACY_005-OEM1-958_ARM.bin and the one I accidentally flashed was for a Swedish Cyan N9 16GB 62A0A79D_DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3.280.04.1_PR_LEGACY_280_ARM_RM-696_PRD_signed.bin.

Posts: 198 | Thanked: 130 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Pakistan
Have seen 00X firmwares but haven't seen 280 ever though. I wonder where you got it from? :-/

Tutorial - OpenVPN for N9

Originally Posted by khan.orak View Post
Have seen 00X firmwares but haven't seen 280 ever though. I wonder where you got it from? :-/
It's a carrier specific firmware for 3 in Sweden. All of the carrier branded firmwares have 1xx, 2xx, and 3xxx numbers attached to them.

pc i mean product codes

i think that you are fuc..d because you cant downgrade from 280 to 005 anymore

Posts: 509 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Mexico/Germany
It doesnt matter. Had the same.
Download an Australian FW that also is 005 or you tryed another time with your Malaysian FW?
Have to work with it normally.

Tags
flashing, nokia n9