Notices

Posts: 446 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Austria/Germany
Originally Posted by imaginaryenemy View Post
1. If the reason it is staying is because people change it often, then it needs to be out of the setting page and into the tool bar as a button.
2. Though I don't ever use it myself since I can zoom and crop after the fact, I appreciate that we are all different.
3. I love the way this is implemented. I wouldn't change it at all. Except, of course, adding new modes
4. In my opinion, if we are changing it frequently along with all of the other settings, the toolbar is the only place for it.
1. and 4.:
I don't think that people often change the resolution so it doesn't need to be a button and therefore does not need to be in the toolbar
It needs to be visible though -> indicator field!

If you were to include it as a button into the toolbar you would also need to include aspect ratio because this is the same kind of basic setting.... I don't think that this is necessary though! (would only be more cluttered then...)

The Following User Says Thank You to mcbook For This Useful Post:
Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
Originally Posted by mcbook View Post
1. and 4.:
I don't think that people often change the resolution so it doesn't need to be a button and therefore does not need to be in the toolbar
It needs to be visible though -> indicator field!

If you were to include it as a button into the toolbar you would also need to include aspect ratio because this is the same kind of basic setting.... I don't think that this is necessary though! (would only be more cluttered then...)
Maybe I misunderstood, then. I thought people were saying that they frequently changed resolution depending on the desired purpose on the photograph (keeping on the phone, sending via whatsapp, sending in an e-mail, etc).
If that is not the case, then I feel resolution and aspect ratio are indeed in the same boat, and I am wondering why one has gotten our attention and the other has not.

Originally Posted by imaginaryenemy View Post
Maybe I misunderstood, then. I thought people were saying that they frequently changed resolution depending on the desired purpose on the photograph (keeping on the phone, sending via whatsapp, sending in an e-mail, etc).
If that is not the case, then I feel resolution and aspect ratio are indeed in the same boat, and I am wondering why one has gotten our attention and the other has not.
Actually, you did. latency said that this icon was 'a good reminder', and he did not say he changed the resolution frequently.

Anyway, I like mcbook's view of layout, looking forward to trying it)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zxcvbnm3230 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
Originally Posted by zxcvbnm3230 View Post
Actually, you did. latency said that this icon was 'a good reminder', and he did not say he changed the resolution frequently.
Yeah, I read that post, too
I just took "one day you use a low resolution, the next you use a high resolution", as frequent changes. If the daily changes are a rarity, then never mind. Since I don't plan on changing resolution, I was just trying to offer help to those who do.

The resolution indicator in the toolbar is ok with me, indeed it can be usefull if one moves in areas with different lightings.
The zoom is easy to use as it is, I wish the slider could stay (maybe vertical, why not).

hmm...

so I took a look at the sailfish app and it seems to me that they have just combined the indicators and the buttons which is a actually a great idea ---> saves tons of space!

I will think of something....

Posts: 605 | Thanked: 1,778 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by mcbook View Post
hmm...

so I took a look at the sailfish app and it seems to me that they have just combined the indicators and the buttons which is a actually a great idea ---> saves tons of space!

I will think of something....
We already have that with our bottom toolbar. It shows the current settings.

BTW that video is does not show jolla camera. It's nemo camera

new draft...

v1

camera mode, resolution and aspect ration included in the toolbar
new camera switch!

dont know if it's a good idea to include camera mode in though...
what do you guys think?

v2

Last edited by mcbook; 2014-05-31 at 17:41.

Posts: 605 | Thanked: 1,778 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Helsinki
This is what I had in mind:

resolution, face detection and geotagging only to be visible. The rest is already shown when you expand the tool bar.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to MSameer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
I just upgraded to 0.0.23-1 and when I opened it the first time I got a message 'unable to set resolution' or similar. This was repeatable when closing and opening again. I noticed image was fullscreen instead of 4:3 that I usually use, so I went to settings page and resolution was set to 8M and aspect ratio was not set. Prior to upgrade it had been set to 8M and 4:3. Setting the aspect back to 4:3 solved the problem. I assume the aspect setting in the config got lost or corrupted in the upgrade. Not a disaster, just thought you'd want to know.

Thanks for continued support for camera+. Great program.

BTW, is there a way to see version # from within program? I didn't find it, so I just checked in app manager instead.

Tags
?where is nemo?, thank you!