Notices

Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by claustn View Post
If feasible, I would let the user decide if showing the scale and the north arrow; they may be useful to some and not to someone else.
(What's the C symbol? Copyright? )
Good job!
Everything is possible. However, WhoGo Maps is developed with as little knobs to turn as possible. Idea is to get it right at the development stage

So, it's good to have input regarding the design. And reiterating, the current positioning for those controls is not the one I am proposing.

As for adding knobs and final layout, its @otsaloma's call.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jayki View Post
Well for me and two other users from my family it's not only a J1 Problem, we have this issue on the Xperia X aswell. So i think it's a common issue not limited to a specific platform.
IMO, there is no technical reason to assume that being an issue only on Jolla 1 phones, as the software stack is basically the same for all SailfishOS devices (and the few differences should not affect PoorMaps / WhogoMaps: Kernel version, Bluez version, AlienDalvik version).

But using software on older devices (with less RAM and processing power) often exacerbates software issues, making some of them much more easily to reproduce (while for triggering these on higher-end devices, other processes consuming RAM an processing power have to be started to create a similar situation for the software under test).
Side note: I often experienced this testing software professionally on desktop computers (and always developers state, "not reproducible" on their super high-end development machines).

Hence I do not believe that this issue and the Voice Navigation issues are really related to the Jolla 1, they just are much more likely to occur.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to olf For This Useful Post:
I have continued the work on navigation UI and I think, as my proposal for it, its ready now in portrait mode. Source code is available at https://github.com/rinigus/whogo-maps/tree/navigator . It's written on the top of map matching PR (https://github.com/otsaloma/whogo-maps/pull/51) - so I would prefer to wait till map matching is out of the way before submitting it.

Its based on the work in https://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?...&postcount=157 . Main differences in navigation mode: the scale bar rotated 90 degrees, right top corner shows ETA, speed limit sign in EU style, current road in default font.

So, anyone interested in testing it and give the feedback (whether everything makes sense, are the UI elements on the right spot, and so on), you are welcome to clone it onto your phone (tablet?) and run it using
Code:
qmlscene qml/whogo-maps.qml
in whogo-maps folder and "navigator" branch.

I am planning to add support for the landscape mode as well, probably would take few days.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 173 | Thanked: 512 times | Joined on Jul 2018 @ Guatemala
FR: option to save Miles like short roads(not matter time), or Time like get the destination more fast, using fast roads(not matter miles).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to carlosgonz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by carlosgonz View Post
FR: option to save Miles like short roads(not matter time), or Time like get the destination more fast, using fast roads(not matter miles).
For Valhalla-based routers, menu of modes is here https://github.com/valhalla/valhalla...costing-models

For car, its possible. Please open an issue (https://github.com/otsaloma/whogo-maps) regarding router options, then we have a chance to remember it.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Landscape mode (screenshot attached) has been pushed into "navigator" branch. In this mode, I tried to push most of the data to the sides, as well as the controls. Again, while navigating, press on speed or remaining time/distance to get to the main menu.

Map matching still requires some optimization. But that's on OSM Scout Server / Valhalla side, not WhoGo Maps, I think. Right now the matching sometimes gets lost on crossings and suggests a wrong direction. I will look into it and, if needed, will ask for help via Valhalla's issues.
Attached Images

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
looks exellent, any test build?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to carlosgonz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by carlosgonz View Post
looks exellent, any test build?
Not as RPM. It's available via source code at github. Since its Python /QML code, you could just copy sources to the device and run it. See howto few posts before.

Found the reason for map matching jumps, issue submitted to Valhalla. I will switch to another costing model until its resolved.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
on navigation out of line nav, also in high zoom seem less smoother arrow nav on map moving, will nice have map moving smooth same with arrow nav.
t h a n k s
EDIT: out of navigation line seems on high zoom.
Attached Images

Last edited by carlosgonz; 2018-08-10 at 20:11.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carlosgonz For This Useful Post:
I just sharing a nice screenshot from #sailfishos - carmen f.b user, map-matching in full execution, beautiful features upcoming, once again thanks @rinigus @otsaloma
Attached Images

Last edited by carlosgonz; 2018-08-13 at 01:29.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to carlosgonz For This Useful Post: