Active Topics

Well, unfortunately not off to a good start. The phone won't recognise any inserted SIM card (even brand new one), it won't complete the update on wifi (just hangs) and I can't enable developer mode either or update any store apps(again just hangs). The phone also doesn't seem to recognise microsd cards either, so I am thinking there must be a hardware fault

Also every second reboot it goes in to recovery mode (but a subsequent boot, it boots properly)

Shame because the phone has potential.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to wormdrummer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
At least now I start believing that this phone story is not completely a hoax

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 207 | Thanked: 759 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Poland
Originally Posted by wormdrummer View Post
Well, unfortunately not off to a good start. The phone won't recognise any inserted SIM card (even brand new one), it won't complete the update on wifi (just hangs) and I can't enable developer mode either or update any store apps(again just hangs).
Jolla had problems with their update server and many people had problems with updating phones.

They fixed that and it should work now.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to atlochowski For This Useful Post:
Well, unfortunately not off to a good start. The phone won't recognise any inserted SIM card (even brand new one), it won't complete the update on wifi (just hangs) and I can't enable developer mode either or update any store apps(again just hangs). The phone also doesn't seem to recognise microsd cards either, so I am thinking there must be a hardware fault

Also every second reboot it goes in to recovery mode (but a subsequent boot, it boots properly)

Shame because the phone has potential.
last night it seems there was a problem in harbour (Store) try again

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to itdoesntmatt For This Useful Post:
yes!, the update is downloading now. I hope it fixes the sim card problem....

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wormdrummer For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
I guess you tried cleaning your sim card with alcohol and checked wether the contacts are touching it when inserted?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
I would not blame wormdrummer if not. I would not expect to have to do that on a $1k+ device.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
I went and got a brand new sim from my carrier and that doesn't work and it doesn't work after the update either. Bummer, I think it must be hardware related. I also tried my wife's sim from another carrier and it didn't recognise either.

The phone is nice and snappy on 2.0.4.14 and the fingerprinted reader works very well. One other problem is noticed is that Exchange active sync is not available as Turing haven't bought the licence.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to wormdrummer For This Useful Post:
looks like its a common theme for the sim card not working and damaging the sim card. Lots of people in the reddit "support" thread are complaining of the same thing with no response from turing. Bummer.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to wormdrummer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
looks like its a common theme for the sim card not working and damaging the sim card. Lots of people in the reddit "support" thread are complaining of the same thing with no response from turing. Bummer.
Ouch, so sorry to hear this. Hope it goes well, and if you have any other findings, please post. And pics!

PS Thanks for sharing your experience.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:

Tags
dave999scam, sailfish, scamfish, turing, turingphone