Notices

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
One slightly annoying thing, I noticed only today.
When the alarm is triggered the volume is set to Max (I assume that is what I have in the settings) however, it doesn't return it to the previous value.

Example...
Watching Cutetube2 video at the same time as cooktimer alarm and the volume of the video increased to maximum and stayed there.

Maybe either pausing any playback during the alarm or at least returning to the volume to the pre-alarm level would be more desirable here?

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Posts: 136 | Thanked: 263 times | Joined on Nov 2012 @ Germany
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
One slightly annoying thing, I noticed only today.
When the alarm is triggered the volume is set to Max (I assume that is what I have in the settings) however, it doesn't return it to the previous value.

Example...
Watching Cutetube2 video at the same time as cooktimer alarm and the volume of the video increased to maximum and stayed there.

Maybe either pausing any playback during the alarm or at least returning to the volume to the pre-alarm level would be more desirable here?
The volume was stored once at cooktimer start-up. It is now stored before each alarm.

Pausing media playback works for the stock media player. I proved it does not work for cutetube2 and someplayer. For now at least returning to the pre-alarm volume level works.

Changes in v0.0.4-22:
* Store default volume before each alarm, instead of storing at start-up
* Added 3 alarmsounds and put all in an extra folder
* Changed alarmfile format to mp3, normalized volume level and slightly modified alarm sound (quicker fade out)

Last edited by rasmarc; 2015-06-19 at 04:20.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rasmarc For This Useful Post:
Regarding your request I contacted marxian and he stated that he'll try to add playback controls to cuteTube2 for the next update. I will then add support to cooktimer. In the meanwhile I added support for SomePlayer.

Changes in v0.0.4-23:
* Support pausing/resuming SomePlayer when an alarm is ringing

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rasmarc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Just like to point out that upon upgrade to 0.0.4-22 my alarm sound stopped working.
Turns out it was still the .wav file selected and not the new .mp3.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following User Says Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
Just like to point out that upon upgrade to 0.0.4-22 my alarm sound stopped working.
Turns out it was still the .wav file selected and not the new .mp3.
Now it's too late, I should have modified the configuration files (~/.config/cooktimer/cooktimer.cfg1...3) with the postinstall script - will add that even so. I didn't have in mind the wav file gets deleted.

Maybe I should do that right now.

Edit: It's fixed in v0.0.4-24. Just uploaded it to extras-devel.

Last edited by rasmarc; 2015-07-01 at 19:07.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rasmarc For This Useful Post:
is it possible to implement save state on application close?

it would be great if it could remember the last set dishes.

The Following User Says Thank You to impeham For This Useful Post:
Have there been enough changes to see even a 0.0.5 release yet? A few more 0.0.4's and you'll be beating the 2.6.x kernel series.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by impeham View Post
is it possible to implement save state on application close?

it would be great if it could remember the last set dishes.
Are you aware of the ability to configure start-up settings for each timer by long pressing the start button and that just doesn't fit your needs? If so, those dialogs could be extended with another button, like "Save state" or "Remember settings".

Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
Have there been enough changes to see even a 0.0.5 release yet? A few more 0.0.4's and you'll be beating the 2.6.x kernel series.
Right, I've noticed this as well. Recent updates were mainly done by me, but uploads were done by Ade. He was feeling like counting the last digits up a bit, and since I've been a maintainer for cooktimer there hasn't been an update that I thought was justifying counting up the version number. What could be new features to release v1.0? Save and load backup of dishes and notes, darken timers a bit in stopwatch mode and import recipes into a dish's notes from an external textfile?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rasmarc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 238 | Thanked: 131 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Bulgaria
Hi to all,about instalation the last version of cooktimer,i had little problems with files(cooktimer.cfg0....3 these files with folder cooktimer just missings in /home/user/.config)
i should first deleted cooktimer and then with leafpad created cooktimer.cfg0....3 with folder "cooktimer" and install again cooktimer.Now cooktimer already working,it's not a big problem,but for the future installation have it in mind.
regards

Originally Posted by disappear View Post
Hi to all,about instalation the last version of cooktimer,i had little problems with files(cooktimer.cfg0....3 these files with folder cooktimer just missings in /home/user/.config)
i should first deleted cooktimer and then with leafpad created cooktimer.cfg0....3 with folder "cooktimer" and install again cooktimer.Now cooktimer already working,it's not a big problem,but for the future installation have it in mind.
regards
Files in /home/user/.config/cooktimer are not installed but created on the initial start of cooktimer. What was your problem after installation? Didn't cooktimer start?

You could try: close cooktimer, rename the folder /home/user/.config/cooktimer and start cooktimer again. Folder and files should be created then.

Simpler Brightness Applet (N900) - A variation of the Simple Brightness Applet
Short tap to toggle "keep backlight on" - Long tap to open display settings

Tags
cooktimer, nokia n900