Notices

Posts: 436 | Thanked: 298 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ England
hi all,
thought some of you would be interested to know that ovi store has a new free app available for download called spb tv - its a decent app with a decent ui that has access to around 160 streaming tv channels from around the world!!!
heres the ovi store link https://store.ovi.mobi/content/59540...ource=homepage

have fun

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fraaaaanka For This Useful Post:
Not for the N900. Shame. The N8 has some cool apps though...

Cool, even more TV

Thanks for the heads up, I'm installing it now

Posts: 436 | Thanked: 298 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ England
Originally Posted by tHMZ View Post
Not for the N900. Shame. The N8 has some cool apps though...
it is for the n900 ...I have an n900 and have downloaded and used it 10 minues ago

The Following User Says Thank You to fraaaaanka For This Useful Post:
Oops my bad. I didn't have a phone selected. SOWWI!

Originally Posted by fraaaaanka View Post
it is for the n900 ...I have an n900 and have downloaded and used it 10 minues ago
Yep same here, working great!

Not sure how many english speaking channels their are though. I was browsing through the very pretty menu and it it very fluid, even when playing the video behind the scrolling channel listtings.

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
can someone please give me a .install file for this app (posted as a .txt file here ) this would be very appriciated because ovi store says that this app isn't avaible for my country and yes i used to stream vids from this app just fine in the early beta release .
again very appriciated for a .install file .

Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
how can i make such a install file?

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

The Following User Says Thank You to atilla For This Useful Post:
Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
to be honest i forgot, its been a while since i've made one, you creat a .txt on a desktop computer type the app installing commands (links to ovi store and package name....) and than you rename it to xxx.install and transfer it to your n900 and install the app.
thanks for your reply

Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
Originally Posted by elie-7 View Post
to be honest i forgot, its been a while since i've made one, you creat a .txt on a desktop computer type the app installing commands (links to ovi store and package name....) and than you rename it to xxx.install and transfer it to your n900 and install the app.
thanks for your reply
no problem
hmm sounds a little bit complicated.
shouldn't it be possible to get somewhere the deb file and upload it for you?

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

The Following User Says Thank You to atilla For This Useful Post: