Notices

Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
So my 12 points go to mosen's icon set.
Thanks a lot! But not too quick please.
I hope for some more ideas to be shared

These are really drafty sketches and as i am no creative designer, i tend to pick up what is given and do my limited kung fu from there on. So, please, the more ideas and advices, the more can happen in collaboration.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
For the mockups i would advise to already at least plan with some kind of background.
The circles are just the most obvious design transfer from the "center" button which i really like in its simplicity.
I was expecting that the background would be then towards increasing the contrast - so light in day maps and dark for night maps. But all idea regarding the backgrounds would have to be tested / checked by us all.

Re navigation sign: good find, indeed!

Edit: Re more ideas - yes please!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Thanks a lot! But not too quick please.
I hope for some more ideas to be shared

These are really drafty sketches and as i am no creative designer, i tend to pick up what is given and do my limited kung fu from there on. So, please, the more ideas and advices, the more can happen in collaboration.
Well picking up what is given, is often a very good choice. Why reinvent the wheel. And consistency in design is definitely a thing i welcome. If it's done with limited kung fu or not, doesn't matter, the result is what counts.

But of course new suggestions are also welcome. There is nowhere carved in stone, that there are just 12 points to give.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Kind of close IMO. Only, do pedestrians or bikes go in the middle of a street?
Icons need to be general. Otherwise you end up with one icon set for UK/Australia/etc with the arrow on the left and one for the rest of the world with the arrow on the right.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
Icons need to be general. Otherwise you end up with one icon set for UK/Australia/etc with the arrow on the left and one for the rest of the world with the arrow on the right.
Totally!
Having a road in the icon also makes it too complex imho.
You have seen the suggestion with no road at all using the position marker in the post you quoted?
That one solves this issue, or not?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Totally!
Having a road in the icon also makes it too complex imho.
You have seen the suggestion with no road at all using the position marker in the post you quoted?
That one solves this issue, or not?
I will say that that marker would not be very obvious on first run - after you've used it for navigation once, you've seen it as a navigation marker, but on first load of the app it just looks like another square-corner-circle Sailfish icon.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
I will say that that marker would not be very obvious on first run - after you've used it for navigation once, you've seen it as a navigation marker, but on first load of the app it just looks like another square-corner-circle Sailfish icon.
That's the kind of feedback!
I was unsure to angle and rotate the marker and now that you point it out. It looks like just another sfos icon, right. I will look into giving it another angle or none at all to work against that.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Bug report: Using Pure Maps + an audio player that is based on QML MediaPlayer but does not have MPRIS support - when spoken directions start talking, the music pauses, but it does not play again when speaking stops.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
ah, yes. I really should remember to check github issues first.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post: