Notices

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Some days ago I started the thread about Miniature, a fresh project aiming to bring online chess and more chess-related goodies to Maemo 5 and beyond.

It's being a successful thread and actually some of the posts show clearly that there is people willing to discuss and get involved in projects about chess and Maemo in general.

This is the thread for this.

And this is the wiki page to compile all the Maemo chess knowledge around: http://wiki.maemo.org/Chess (just started, feel free adding your bits).

Your turn!

Posts: 301 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Santiago, Chile
heh, i was thinking about a chess clock for maemo, for live games XD.Woukd be fun.
Same as the ones used in tournaments, only you tap one half of the screen or the other.
Just an idea I got. Shouldn't be all that hard, for someone who knows how to program (I haven't got a clue).

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Someone proposed this idea already at http://wiki.maemo.org/Miniature/Development#Proposals

Of course you don't need to wait for a whole Miniature project for such a simple app.

The Following User Says Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Im gonna make a thread in the games forum XD
I ve been thinking of this kind of app for a while. Chess Clocks are expensive!!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eliagp For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by eliagp View Post
Chess Clocks are expensive!!
ROFL, and a N900 is somehow cheaper? Anyway, it is a great simple idea, do it!

The Following User Says Thank You to mikhas For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mikhas View Post
ROFL, and a N900 is somehow cheaper?
That was my thought exactly. ^^ Still a nice idea, especially to always have a portable chess clock with you (board and pieces tend to be easier to get ahold of).

The Following User Says Thank You to kanishou For This Useful Post:
Well, if you already own the N900 and you don't own a chess clock.. then it would be cheaper (if you get someone else to develop it for you) to add a chess clock application to the N900.

And, in any case, it feels more expensive to pay a medium amount of money for a wooden box with a clock than to pay a large amount of money for a shiny, high-tech gadget!

Well, I already have the N800 so I already spent that money XD. Kinda broke right now, will have to save for the N900.........if I ever get it.

If you see a chess related thread please check that it is tagged as a "chess" thread. Use the "Edit Tags" link at the end of the page if needed.

Apparently nobody did this before me 1 minute ago: http://talk.maemo.org/tags.php?tag=chess

I cant seem to be able to edit tags, if you give me a hand I can look for some chess related threads

Tags
chess