Posts: 369 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Virginia
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
My image will be updated tonight. ;-) I just found about the release at the same time you did... I wish I had known before; because I could have had the updates ready to be committed...

Nathan.
Apologies for being stupid....but what do you mean by "my image"? Is there something you're updating that I need to know about? If so, how do I update?

Originally Posted by Hogwash View Post
Apologies for being stupid....but what do you mean by "my image"? Is there something you're updating that I need to know about? If so, how do I update?
I'm the developer/maintainer of the Virtual PC/VMWare image that has the SDK partially installed with easy to use scripts to finish installing the proprietary Nokia parts and then ability to install other optional stuff like Qt/Qt Creator, Python, etc. (vpc-sdk.garage.maemo.org).

Basically it is to simplify getting going on Developing Maemo on Windows, it is a "canned" virtual machine image.

Nathan.

The Following User Says Thank You to Nathan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 369 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Virginia
Gotcha. Nice job

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Installation was smooth and easy with the two install scripts on Ubuntu 9.04.
But like with the alpha and beta SDK the 3D acceleration is still painfully slow on my Intel gfx chip.

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
I believe there is nothing really that we can do at that level. We have tried hard.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
I've updated my Dell Mini 9 to Ubuntu Karmic Koala beta 9.10 yesterday along with re-installing the final Maemo 5 SDK.
Everything works fine, but the "emulator" still slow, very usable, but still slow.

So even with UXA we're still out of luck. But at least I can use it on my Dell Mini 9, not really smooth, but usable.

Anidel

Maybe transitioncontrol can help improve graphics performance?

The Following User Says Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Thanks, this is worth a try.

Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
I noticed the fremantle build queue has been at a stand still for about 24 hours. Is this because of a switch with the SDK?

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
See Autobuilder maintenance break now

If you are maemo developer it's generally useful to be in the maemo-developers list.