Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
GeneralAntilles and I were speaking of shirts for Maemo Summit a few months ago and thought it might be another contest opportunity.

I really liked the black shirts from last year. I think dark is good with the new logo. Maybe we could have a contest to pick color(s) and Maemo 5 tagline...? (Thinking out loud here.)

Tim

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
You can't refuse a usb hub or storage key though
Further to before, I've got a quote from USBpen.co.uk for 350 x 2GB USB drives with the logo on (may have to be the orange & black version):

Comes in at about €2,000/£1,800.

It's a plain style, but since it doesn't have much in the way of a bulky case, it's small and fits in even the most recessed USB slot. I've got a 1GB from work, and it's the best pen drive style I've seen.

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Plain USB sticks are a bit boring nowadays, isn't it. What about something with a mobile focus like a MicroSD-USB adapter?

T-Shirts: plain maemo.org logo or something more Summit special? Or both? Contest or contacting a trusted community designer (or two)?

Giving away vs selling, both?

Please start focusing on proposing a budget so I can take it into account in the Summit budget. Note also that nothing comes for free: more money spent in merchandising means less money spent elsewhere, mainly sponsored participants (since most of the other expenses are rather fixed).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by qgil View Post

T-Shirts: plain maemo.org logo or something more Summit special? Or both? Contest or contacting a trusted community designer (or two)?
I would prefer a summit special. About the designer, the two ways should work, we have talented designers in our community.

Giving away vs selling, both?
Give away the summit t-shirts and sell plain maemo.org t-shirts for a reasonable price ?

Posts: 605 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ La Rochelle, France
I'd buy a Maemo T-shirt today !

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Plain USB sticks are a bit boring nowadays, isn't it. What about something with a mobile focus like a MicroSD-USB adapter?
A micro-to-fullsize SD adapter with Nokia branding, given to all people who show an N800 on entry

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Please start focusing on proposing a budget so I can take it into account in the Summit budget.
Or to put it easier, please start focusing on what items you want to have in which quantities. I can find out an approximate budget for that.

It doesn't matter whether the items are to give away or for sale since Nokia won't get back any money. From our point of view is pure expense.

If you plan to do send items to people elsewhere then you will need to take into account which items and how many and to which destinations, in order to make a rough estimation of costs.

If you are familiar with budgets you know that the sooner you define your requests the better chances you have to get them accepted with little discussion. Later on other expenses come and the budget gets more and more limited for the late comers. Thank you for your understanding!

Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
Yes! Another thing that was discussed (between me and GA)... It would be very cool to have a two-sided shirt: m.o logo on one side (maybe small on the left pocket area) and "Maemo Summit 2009" on the other (big, center back).

Tim

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to timsamoff For This Useful Post:
I would like to suggest the LaCie PassKey USB Micro SD Reader that you can really carry around:

Another suggestion is the device-ready windbreaker from SCOTTeVEST (just add the maemo.org logo):

Or a custom maemo.org themed Timbuk2 bag:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reggie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
Standard maemo.org T-Shirts to buy (but bigger sizes than in Berlin and less prone to shrink-after-wash)

The Following User Says Thank You to twaelti For This Useful Post:

Tags
summit