Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Well did not install. And why it should have cause there is bochs fro N900 in repos. Maybe trying later. Better stop before it is too late.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following User Says Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Had a really bad night. Woke up constantly and saw a dream where my computer was hijacked. At last rose up about 4:30am and saw router blinking a lot - without any device on or connected to it. Shut the router down.

We moved to a new place in January. Noticed that router started to make reboots. Changed it's name to HoneyPotBackTrack (hoping it would give a signal), made it hidden and gave access to it only for certain devices - something which should have been on from the beginning of using routers.

But now I had this dream where I was being hacked all the time and woke up to internet traffic on my router without me being the one making that traffic.

Well I have N900. Checked the wifi networks and what do I find. A wifi called Hidden WLAN all open to use without passwords. My work android phone or my wifes work iPhone neither spotted that. After couple of seconds that open hidden wifi was gone and there became a new locked wifi called shodan.

Went outside for a walk and checked which apartments have lights on at 5am. Next gonna make a walk with wifi detection on to see where the open hidden wifi and shodan are strongest and try to spot the place.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 391 | Thanked: 908 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ suncity
Man, Maemish... Your hijack adventure is quite a story... I hope you will find the place (and not really bad guys in masks) - at least you have a n900

About KolibriOS - as i saw it is only x86 and not found anything about arm... So I think it is not possible to run it in chroot, bochs or any other way...

The Following User Says Thank You to justmemory For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
Well I have N900. Checked the wifi networks and what do I find.
WifiEye is good program for N900 to see what networks there are.

The Following User Says Thank You to teroyk For This Useful Post:
Maemish, when I was learning Finnish I had some homework once where I had to put in the correct forms of some verbs. One sentence went something like this: I had been sick for a week, just lying in bed, and now...
Code:
_______ itseäni ja _______ koko maailmaa [inhota,vihata]
The folks who made it certainly had a sense of humour.

PS: I had some router trouble yesterday, no internet after installing ArchLinux to my laptop. I'm with DNA. I'm not completely convinced it didn't come from their side.
I'm still using the 5 year old router they gave me then (some Cisco model, and it's not compatible with OpenWRT).
It's OK now, had to call customer service & reset the router with a needle

PPS: What is this bochs/bosch thing?

PPPS: Get well soon!

The Following User Says Thank You to nonsuch For This Useful Post:
Forgot to mention that after I changed the name of my network and made it hidden there appeared a network with my previous network name but it was soon taken away. Now thinking different possiblities. Maybe I have to either setup a vmmachine and connect to the open honeypot and check what happens and try to get some address where to send a greeting gift or start to learn to use my one N900 with pwnyexpress installed.

I hate this situation cause I needed to get rid of learning new difficult stuffs after I had a panic disorder period in the end of last year. Now I'm forced to stress my brains again. Have to check now from router logs what there has been going on at night. I thought hiding a network would be enough but learned this morning they are easily spotted if someone wants to find them.

I have TL-WN722N usb wifi dongle. I have also a usb female/male cable to connect that dongle with N900. Could this be possible to get working with N900 or should it be specifically for N900 compiled driver which to use? There are instructions for debian wheezy but thought to ask before messing my N900 setup again with need to reflash.

Or is the right way to use the wifi maintenance connection points in the N900 board to get an extension antenna working?

But... The N900 already has wifi hardware, why do you need a dongle???

The Following User Says Thank You to nonsuch For This Useful Post:
To reach further. But I checked things and dropped that idea. There is thread about RTL-SDR but not gonna go that path. Then I tried to check if DVB-TV dongle could work but found out from TMO about problems with that too. Have to stop now. Mind just goes from one thing to another.

After dropping those I changed to convert movies for N900. Just converted Algorithm. It is a hacker movie free on youtube but it wasn't the best edition. So I edited 40min away and now its about 50min. Editing movies better is one of my hobbies. Doing it with a windows moviemaker with only 4gb ram premium laptop (not for gaming) with semi graphic card and not the fastest processor is just stupid. Still have done it with it - even though I have had iMac27 for couple of years. But because I haven't had a mac ever, after I had fixed the free iMac by baking the graphic card in the oven I just tossed it behind a chair for couple of years. Now we have taken it out and we have already used it for watching series online. I think I could edit with iMovie and it would be much faster. My next project is to edit The Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy BBC tv serie to a movie. I hope a lot from that.

I edited the original Bourne movie with Richard Chamberlain from 3h to 2h. That took time but it became much better than the original. I tried to find to whom I should sent it and contacted the Paramount or something which had made and published it but they could not point me anyone whom to make a contact. So no one else has seen it except me. Would like to show it to someone who has watched that movie more than twice to get an opinion.

I have also thought of sending this edited version of algorithm to it's makers but too afraid to make a contact. If they won't like it I don't want them to know who I am. Hackers you know. So no one else has seen this edition either. This did not become as good as my other editions but still nicer to watch than original. It has so many slow scenes where the story just won't run fluently and some educational talks they give in the film are just too much. Tried to save the point they wanted to make though.

Movies I have on N900: Harold and Maude,The Party (Peter Sellers), Algorithm my edition.

Movies converting: Secret life of Mitty, Eddie the Eagle, Hackers, Johny Mnemonic, Conspiracy Theory (watched like 30 times for real) and some other. I have PinkPanther DVD Box which could work too.

I have somewhere already Jacgues Tati Playtime and The Trip, possibly also The Magic Trip documentary.

Last edited by Maemish; 2020-02-21 at 15:23.