Posts: 386 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
Using N900 in shower? I had never thought that possibility.
Aquapac + Media Player's Radio function means i'll never miss a episode of Boekestijn & De Wijk ever again while showering!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wasmachinemann-NL For This Useful Post:
Posts: 78 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Hungary
Originally Posted by xelo View Post
The focus feature cannot be used at the moment, and shall be implemented in a future software release.
In which software is it not implemented? The two stage button with focus and shoot works fine on my device. I use the preinstalled Snapdragon Camera.

Feeling the two stages is not quite obvious, that is true. It took me several tries to get used to it.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to quailstorm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 256 | Thanked: 939 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Wasmachinemann-NL View Post
Aquapac + Media Player's Radio function means i'll never miss a episode of Boekestijn & De Wijk ever again while showering!
I was never able to answer calls while using AquaPac on N900, because the screen stayed black. It wasn't optimal to take the device out from AquaPac with wet hands while kayaking on windy lake just to see who is calling... For me phones with capacitive screens have been much more usable with AquaPac (haven't tried with Pro1 yet).

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Koiruus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by Koiruus View Post
I was never able to answer calls while using AquaPac on N900, because the screen stayed black. It wasn't optimal to take the device out from AquaPac with wet hands while kayaking on windy lake just to see who is calling... For me phones with capacitive screens have been much more usable with AquaPac (haven't tried with Pro1 yet).
I had no problems with that
Just make sure the side with display and proximity sensor face the transparent side?

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
So far, no multiboot effort that I know of (but I hope we will have it someday too), but there is still some hope regarding effortless OS switching: nspawn/LXC/chroot within SFOS, and both Leste and PostmarketOS should boot from SD when/if there are any Pro¹ builds one day.
I'd love to see that! I guess I've got plenty of time before I can order a Pro1 from stock. Just got to keep the Xperia grinding along a while longer.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
I have touched a Jolla/SFOS phone only when they had just arrived the first time for sale. It was a bit buggy and sluggish and slow swiping which it had as a feature was annoying so I didn't buy and bought an iPhone.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 48 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Jan 2016 @ Münsterland, Germany
Originally Posted by quailstorm View Post
In which software is it not implemented? The two stage button with focus and shoot works fine on my device. I use the preinstalled Snapdragon Camera.

Feeling the two stages is not quite obvious, that is true. It took me several tries to get used to it.
The answer of fxtec did not specify an app. I reckon they meant "snapdragon" on android, but your experience tells otherwise.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xelo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 28 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Normandy, France
Just received this by mail...

We have some news!

We have provisionally been informed that factory workers might be able to return to work early next week. Office staff in China are already back to work, however they are working from home due to the travel restrictions that are still in place across the country. Please bare in mind that individuals decision to start working is at their own discretion and so we are unsure how many people, if any will be back to work straight away. Depending on the factories numbers, we should be able to provide remaining customers with an expected shipping and delivery date in due course.

The following article demonstrates the extent to which the coronavirus outbreak continues to effect brands globally, with a huge number of China’s factories remaining closed this week: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51439400. We will be in touch with our factories leads on a daily basis to ensure that we are aware of any updates/progress made over the next week.

From the whole team here at F(x)tec we would like to thank you again for your patience and continued support at this uncertain period of time. We will keep you updated should we receive any more information.

If you have any questions about the matter, please get in touch with info@fxtec.com

Sincerely,

Adrian and Chen
Founders, F(x)tec

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to n-mi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 48 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Jan 2016 @ Münsterland, Germany
Regarding the "shutter button Issue": After a factory reset, the two stage button works on my phone, and focusing works now.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to xelo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
Originally Posted by xelo View Post
Regarding the "shutter button Issue": After a factory reset, the two stage button works on my phone, and focusing works now.
Is this for android or sailfish?

Unfortunately we need to be specific since android related info has been mixed into this thread.

Thanks

x

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xman For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit