Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
How big was too big? Or did you mean recursively? (That is never my use case.)
Typical Audio Books I used it with were about 100 files… IIRC the kill notifications sometimes appeared much sooner, even without something nasty as alien dalvik or browser running.
To be fair, I really didn't know how to read the file info, so I just loaded the files in a QML-Audio-Component one after another. Not the best Idea, but the only one I had before not caring anymore. But even listing of folders took too long for my taste.

The Following User Says Thank You to velox For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by romu View Post
Indeed, QuasarMX is the one which gives me the best result, it shows directly the cover.jpg stored on the file system. The only issue, is its GUI is not resolution independant, on the Nexus 5, it's pretty strange.

Thanks a lot @coderus!
In menu you can change Zoom easily.

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
it insists on using tags. I do not care about tags. My music collection comes from many sources and the tags are not always consistent.
Oh, I HATE that!

So I wrote a super simple script a few years ago that acceps any number of MP3 files as an argument, deletes the tags, then adds tags for it based on the directory structure and filename of the MP3 file. It's made my music life so much easier.

You can read more about it in my post here:

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=111319

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to drcouzelis For This Useful Post: