In my last post almost a year back I said it was over. They didn't have their plans thought out well, the strategies sucked and that let Symbians biggest fan keep a very ugly and outdated Os around forever and let them keep it ugly. Ignored what people were saying...stubborness was it? No just broken promises in a game that now moves to fast for them.

Comes down to what I said in my original post.....a phone company versus a computer company in a "smart" phone war... Nokia can't win....nor make better screens than Samsung or these other electronic companies who no longer have to make those shitty phone user interfaces they used to come up with. Now to beat Nokia all you have to do is make a good screen...add Android....and there it is....a device with enough base features to fight against even a flagship Nokia. Nokia will not do well in this game anymore they don't have a purpose, just another choice at best.

Much as I hate to say it....Nokia's glory days have been over, Meego is trash and there is no room for another OS anyways. Best I would suggest to Nokia is to strongly consider a device or two to see how they do with Android and feel the love or keep dying a slow embarrassing death. If I could slap Anssi for backing Symbian so hard...I'd up it one and punch his ***, then go on something like a crusade and kill off the world's last standing Symbian lovers (not users many like Nokia's quality in design) just to never hear that word again. Much as Nokia hates the taste of piss, they sure could use a few glasses. Guess they would rather a bowl of hot **** from Microsoft....yeah Windows Phone 7 will turn things around.

It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.~ Charles Darwin

Well, Nokia has been watching Microsoft *very* carefully since they first tried to enter the mobile market (and probably a lot before), and I think they managed it pretty well. But what they didn't anticipate was Apple and Google entering the scene with such a speed, combined with the rise of low cost asian manufactureres. I think it wrecked their battle plan. Fighting on *all these fronts* simultaneously was just too much to handle. Or at least that's what some people decided somewhere.

Originally Posted by RFS-81 View Post
Well, Nokia has been watching Microsoft *very* carefully since they first tried to enter the mobile market (and probably a lot before), and I think they managed it pretty well. But what they didn't anticipate was Apple and Google entering the scene with such a speed, combined with the rise of low cost asian manufactureres. I think it wrecked their battle plan. Fighting on *all these fronts* simultaneously was just too much to handle. Or at least that's what some people decided somewhere.
The reason Nokia struggled is because Apple screwed their future proof plan. There was so much love for the N95 design, even with the iphone out. However, as other companies found Apple's plan to be the dominant one in the near future, they started releasing similar devices. This must have been a shock for Nokia and has probably caused so many devices to be scrapped, hence the R&D spending. This is how S60v5 came to life, a quick port. The one thing that I can't figure from Elop's dumb decision, what will happen to future E72, business oriented type phones with Symbian dead? Which businessman will buy a WP7 phone over E7? Which is more functional and simpler for such a user? If I was a businessman, I wouldn't buy a phone with flashy UI. But that's just me..

Posts: 288 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by xxMurdakillxx View Post
In my last post almost a year back I said it was over. They didn't have their plans thought out well, the strategies sucked and that let Symbians biggest fan keep a very ugly and outdated Os around forever and let them keep it ugly. Ignored what people were saying...stubborness was it? No just broken promises in a game that now moves to fast for them.

Comes down to what I said in my original post.....a phone company versus a computer company in a "smart" phone war... Nokia can't win....nor make better screens than Samsung or these other electronic companies who no longer have to make those shitty phone user interfaces they used to come up with. Now to beat Nokia all you have to do is make a good screen...add Android....and there it is....a device with enough base features to fight against even a flagship Nokia. Nokia will not do well in this game anymore they don't have a purpose, just another choice at best.

Much as I hate to say it....Nokia's glory days have been over, Meego is trash and there is no room for another OS anyways. Best I would suggest to Nokia is to strongly consider a device or two to see how they do with Android and feel the love or keep dying a slow embarrassing death. If I could slap Anssi for backing Symbian so hard...I'd up it one and punch his ***, then go on something like a crusade and kill off the world's last standing Symbian lovers (not users many like Nokia's quality in design) just to never hear that word again. Much as Nokia hates the taste of piss, they sure could use a few glasses. Guess they would rather a bowl of hot **** from Microsoft....yeah Windows Phone 7 will turn things around.

It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.~ Charles Darwin
Crusade and kill the last Symbian lovers ? Symbian remains the best Mobile OS of the lot and is a victim of corporate sabotage.
Yes it needed a face lift but the OS is more than the UI. Symbian is rock solid at its core. Windows 7 is a JOKE and its UI is stupid. Symbian is a years ahead of that toy. 2 million sold in a quarter vs 30 million Symbian devices, this Elop trojan deal is DEAD in the water

Now go take your medication for you sure sound deranged.

Last edited by Enyibinakata; 2011-02-12 at 15:30.

Posts: 199 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Canada
Originally Posted by Enyibinakata View Post
Crusade and kill the last Symbian lovers ? Symbian remains the best Mobile OS of the lot and is the victim of corporate sabotage.
Yes it needed a face lift but the OS is more than the UI. Symbian is rock solid at its core.
Now go take your medication for you sure sound deranged.
Best mobile OS? Laughable. Symbian is outdated and a torture to use.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
no one really know if its good or bad for nokia in the long run. But for me its bad. I wanted meego as main os on the high end with support and all. Its was just a dream

What if I would start a thread everytime I hade right or predicted something. The servers here would be overloaded.( same thing for all the things I have been wrong about )

Last edited by Dave999; 2011-02-12 at 15:35.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Kajko View Post
Best mobile OS? Laughable. Symbian is outdated and a torture to use.
you are such an expert!
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
This is great; you should take your ability to predict things to the racetrack where you can really profit!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Boring boring boring

Tags
begone dork, go away, hi! i'm a tool!, stay away!!!, trololololol, youaretheman