Posts: 91 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Pacific NW
I have a couple of questions and hopefully, this will be the place to get some suggestions.

1- I have upgraded to the 2008 OS, and was wondering what Application I can install (freeware) that would be similar to Word. I do have already installed "Note" that I have been using to create documents. Do you know if I could get something similar to word

2- I am also interested in getting a small or folding keyboard but can't find any. I have seen some generic keyboard for Palm PDA but not sure if they are compatible with the N800, and besides they are rather expesive

3- I am also looking for another type image viewer other than "Media Player", it is somewhat limited I can't change the timing for the slide show.

4- FM Radio I see a lot of FM stations shown on the directory but none are for my area. How can I scan and find new local stations

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
Dude, I am sorry to say this, but you HAVE to search before making a new thread. Seriously.

1) Abiword, Open Office (using Debian), KOffice (Using KDE).
2) Almost any Bluetooth Keyboard, or a USB keyboard with Female-Female adapter.
3) Quiver, Canola, MediaBox, etc... LOTS
4) I don't have a N800...

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

I guess you are not as well informed as I thought you would be

No, no , no not I am not looking for a blue tooth but wired

I am not experienced with Linux as you appeared to be the expert

thanks

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Ohio, USA
Originally Posted by searcher View Post
I guess you are not as well informed as I thought you would be

No, no , no not I am not looking for a blue tooth but wired

I am not experienced with Linux as you appeared to be the expert

thanks
I know you said you want wired. But I would like to try to convince you otherwise.

I have an IGO Ultra-Slim Portable Bluetooth Keyboard. It is easy to setup, easy to use, easy to carry. Once you pair this thing, it is good to go! It is also fairly cheap. You can pick one up for about $40.

Posts: 192 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Wichita, KS
2) any wired keyboard should work.
http://tabletschool.blogspot.com/200...-ordinary.html

i'm thinking of getting this one:
http://usb.brando.com.hk/prod_detail.php?prod_id=00666

Last edited by jmjanzen; 2008-11-24 at 20:39.

The Following User Says Thank You to jmjanzen For This Useful Post:
I appreciate your suggestion but my concern is that I will be traveling domestically and out of the country and will be dependent of charging batteries or getting replacements.

Also, you didn't say much about the apps you suggested to upload and install for someone like me that I don't have a clue how to use Linux, any suggestion thanks

Posts: 425 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ California
You still need to do a search before posting questions

If you do not want to be told to do a search, please post in the newbie forum on this site or on the sister site tabletscene.

That being said, here's a link to tabletschool.com that talks about how to install applications:

http://tabletschool.blogspot.com/200...lling-new.html

EDIT: My apologies, I'm not trying to come off as unfriendly, merely attempting to uphold fora policy

Warning: dates on calendar are closer than they appear.

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Toronto, Ontario
The wired keyboard I use (rarely, but its there for when I need it) is one of those rollable, foldable, spill proof keyboards. The so called "indestructable" keyboards.

There's also a larger one if you require a number pad. It works pretty good. The downside is your need a hard enough surface to place the keyboard. Plus side is its pretty compact when rolled and tucked into a bag.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by jmjanzen View Post
i'm thinking of getting this one:
http://usb.brando.com.hk/prod_detail.php?prod_id=00666
I would love to know how that works out for you, from shipping to actual use.

Josiah

No, not all you are not being unfriendly just you like to say it like it is. It's cool.!

Nelson,

Thanks for the link and pix. Am I correct in assuming that you roll it when you pack it, and if so how does it work for you to unroll it and then use it. Do you have put something heavy for a while or? I like that it can withstand spills, and anything on top something handy for traveling including dust.

Another thing which version did you order Ipaq or Palm
I checked their website and I like their prices, you still had to get the f to f adapter right?

Qole
Are you referring to me or to Nelson