Notices

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Madrid
Originally Posted by kaspernj View Post
Since this iPlayer is so popular, I have made a package for it, so you dont have to download, untar and all that stuff yourself.

Simply add my repository and type:
apt-get install iplayer-dl

...unfortunately I cant test this package, since the BBC content is only available to the UK - and I am from Denmark. Can some of you please report back, if the package works as expected?
Hi kasper, pls send me a pm regarding access to iplayer. For some reason I can't send you one.

Originally Posted by majarambuz View Post
Hi kasper, pls send me a pm regarding access to iplayer. For some reason I can't send you one.
Please contact me on my email: kaspernj@gmail.com

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kaspernj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 286 | Thanked: 100 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ down south
cant connect to repo??? says i need to install dependencies but unable to ??

Originally Posted by Big Phat Jan View Post

Code:
echo "alias iplayer='iplayer-dl -d /home/user/MyDocs/.videos'" >> /home/user/.profile
This means that whenever you type "iplayer" in the terminal it has the same effect as typing "iplayer-dl -d /home/user/MyDocs/.videos", so typing:

Code:
iplayer URL
Will download the show at URL to your videos directory. Note that this won't take effect until you exit and restart the terminal.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers,
Jan
Brilliant! Works like a dream. I had made a note with the original string of code which I would copy and paste each time but no need for that now!

Thanks again to Jan and Kaspernj.

Gavin

The Following User Says Thank You to gavcuk For This Useful Post:
Since this iPlayer is so popular, I have made a package for it, so you dont have to download, untar and all that stuff yourself.

Simply add my repository and type:

...unfortunately I cant test this package, since the BBC content is only available to the UK - and I am from Denmark. Can some of you please report back, if the package works as expected?
Fantastic - just installed using your repository/application working v well thanks v much!

If only this had a GUI or actually maybe a microb plugin would be even better.. hmm

----

Having downloaded the video fine it seems to have downloaded the older version of the video file - its quite interesting actually, its not the same version as on the main bbc iplayer site - where does it come from? The version it downloaded had a bit of bbc news 24 tacked on before the programme whilst the iplayer website didnt. (Im not criticising, Im just interested)

Last edited by chrisp7; 2010-01-17 at 14:21.

cant seem to get installed?? can you help please..installed repo from other post but cant download missing dependancies?

thanks

Originally Posted by dread123 View Post
cant seem to get installed?? can you help please..installed repo from other post but cant download missing dependancies?

thanks
I couldnt download using the app manager but could via terminal. Also make sure you use "sudo gainroot" before typing the apt-get ...command.

The Following User Says Thank You to chrisp7 For This Useful Post:
can you pls list the full commands needed to be run in xterminal in order to work? will i need to install Ruby also? thanks

open terminal

Code:
sudo gainroot
Code:
once installed (I copied and pasted this command in):

Code:
echo "alias iplayer='iplayer-dl -d /home/user/MyDocs/.videos'" >> /home/user/.profile
close terminal for the last code to activate. Then you can use the programme - ie type in:

Code:
iplayer URL
("URL" being the TV programme URL)

The Following User Says Thank You to chrisp7 For This Useful Post:

you can access iplayer via vpn. I use AdTelly

http://www.adtelly.tv/

and it works fine in Europe...