With the right software, I think the 770 could definitely be a PDA. I think that there will be a fair amount of PDA software coming out for the 770. There are preliminary ports of GPE-calendar and GPE-todo already out.

Originally Posted by LilNdn
and ton there is a usb keyboard that you can purchase. btw a tablet pc is your best choice,it has every requirement that you provided...
Yeh, tablet pc would be the coolest, but they also cost really much money...

With the right software, I think the 770 could definitely be a PDA. I think that there will be a fair amount of PDA software coming out for the 770. There are preliminary ports of GPE-calendar and GPE-todo already out.
Yea, well I havent bought the 770 yet. I have another thing to buy also, and I figured that I buy that other one before and check 770 later (maybe at christmas?) if it would have better software then. I mean it already has almost every application I need, but what I have heard, those are kinda buggy since the device is so new.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
The battery life (in offline-mode) and instant-on of the Nokia 770 would make it a great PDA replacement, if good software was available.

My 770 currently serves as
- a surfing pad (the screen is small, but excellent for news sites; shopping on Amazon is also perfectly possible and fun with it; optimized 150% zooming gives the best results for well designed websites)
- a radio
- a RSS reader
- a development platform
- a PDA replacement for taking small notes and making sketches for which i used to waste paper and lose them after a short time

And when Doom will be released, I might also use it as a game console.