Is there anyway to boost the sound when using the media player? More specifically, i use those ear buds exclusively and even with sound all the way up in the program as well as the device it is terribly hard to hear on an airplane, train etc.

The Following User Says Thank You to 68Guns For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by 68Guns View Post
Is there anyway to boost the sound when using the media player? More specifically, i use those ear buds exclusively and even with sound all the way up in the program as well as the device it is terribly hard to hear on an airplane, train etc.
max. volume is quite loud through the nokia buds. buy noise-cancelling headphones. you'll loose your hearing if you try to match or surpass that kind of noise level.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wesgreen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by 68Guns View Post
1) Media player, I do not think one can get more than max

2) xmms, it has an equalizer, you can push ALL frequency to max, that would add 20db with some distortion

3) mplayer, do the following, it CAN bust your tablet speaker ,
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=24349, use any editor you want, I found emelfm2 the easiest.
================================================== =
increase volume: add to the file /etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf
softvol=yes
softvol-max=500
================================================== ==
I have tried softvol-max=999 and I can hear my tablet across the hall
These are maemo.
KDE or alternative OS has players with equalizer can do similar to add 20db to max.

I recently bought this, it COMPLETELY shut off external noise and with a battery amp (adds 2.5db I guess), I can hear pretty good during my bus ride, yes, in a bus, not subway

Hope this helps,

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2009-10-21 at 00:00.

Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
You can install aumix. You will find that the regular volume is 93. You can set it to 100. The difference is remarkable.

You can see this post if you cannot install aumix.

The Following User Says Thank You to alephito For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
i have noticed that

mplayer -ao alsa [filename]

is much louder than default

Tags
audio, mplayer