Seeing this post here, I was wondering if the power injectors that some of our friends here built before allow us to use drives and devices which draw more power than the n810 can handle? will these still work with the usb control program?
o yea i seem to have lost the links to the old threads and posts, can anyone find it? thanks.
http://tabletschool.blogspot.com/200...nnect-usb.html

Originally Posted by guest_user View Post
Seeing this post here, I was wondering if the power injectors that some of our friends here built before allow us to use drives and devices which draw more power than the n810 can handle? will these still work with the usb control program?
Yes.
o yea i seem to have lost the links to the old threads and posts, can anyone find it?
GIYF.

The Following User Says Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post:
so that means portable HDD without an external power source would work, right?

The "power injector" is called a USB hub that has an external power source. You cannot simply inject power since USB devices will ask for how much they think they need worst case (e.g. iPods that charge via USB will ask for 500ma even if they only need that much to charge the battery, older ones that charge via Firewire ask for 100mA or less so work directly connected). The USB software won't enumerate a device if the power requirements are exceeded.

Using a powered hub, the hub will take a trivial amount of current from the tablet, and any current needs downstream will be satisfied by the hub, not the tablet.