From order-status@nokiausa.com
Date: 12/08/2005
To: torben@******.com
Subject: Please reply immediately about your NokiaUSA.com order

Dear Torben *****

Thank you for your recent online purchase at NokiaUSA.com.

Unfortunately, we have not been able to complete your order# 57276010 ,and ask that you please call the NokiaUSA Customer Care department at 1-888-256-2098 within 72 hours or your order will be canceled.

Once the information is corrected, we can process your order.

Description: NOKIA 770 INTERNET TABLET
Backordered: 1 @ 359.99

Thank you,
Customer Care at NokiaUSA.com

Remember www.NokiaUSA.com and get
the most from your Nokia Phone!

I am floored, this is after two emails from nokiacustomercare@pfsweb.com telling me that my order would be filled with the inventory that is suppose be available at the end of december.

I know my credit card didn't expire in the weeks since i ordered it.

so they are just cancelling orders in the hope that ppl don't reply and they have enough units to go around???

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Virginia, USA
Hi Torben,

The same thing happened to me about two weeks ago. Nokia indicated that there was a problem with my credit card (which there was not) and they appeared to have the card info correct. I spoke with three supervisors but to little avail.

I finally got tired of screwing around with NokiaUSA's phone sales area and bought the tablet at CompUSA when it went on sale. That was easy, but I was a bit miffed that CompUSA is charging $399, while NokiaUSA is charging $359. Still trying to figure out why there's the price discrepency.

For now, however, I recommend trying to find a unit at CompUSA. They'll be locked up with the PDAs, digital music players, portable video players, and other mobile devices. And the employees probably won't have a clue what a Nokia 770 is, but have them look it up in their computer, and they'll probably find two or three in stock.

Leonard

I just received the same e-mail or actually two since I placed two orders. I called Nokia and they verified my credit card info, told me that my order(s) has now been "pre-authorized" and will ship "hopefully within a few days".