Notices

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by andrewfblack View Post
If you guys are talking about the main theme its not designed for the n900 that is what minimalist theme is for.
you design themes for certain devices/browsers? that's a creative approach... oh, no, wait a minute, we already had that.

The Following User Says Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 66 | Thanked: 70 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Paris
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
you design themes for certain devices/browsers? that's a creative approach... oh, no, wait a minute, we already had that.
Although Im having fun with Andrews minimalist theme I think you have a point. The rest of the web works fine with my microB browser. T.M.O is an odd place for it to be noticably less than perfect.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DeargDoom For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
I hate how if u change the these at TMO to something inferior, I have to put up with it on my PC also. Changing theme defeats the purpose of a full pc-like mozilla browser that we have on our N900.

The Following User Says Thank You to jakiman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Originally Posted by jcompagner View Post
minimalist is horrible, then suddenly the text of the post are bigger, i dont want that i just want better/bigger navigation.

besides that theme's are stored on the server with yout account so suddenly the selected theme is also used on my pc.. It should be stored in a cookie..
I'm always looking for suggestions on ways to fix minimalist theme if its so horrible, and no themes are stored in a cookie if you use the theme selector on bottom of site. If you change it in user CP then yes its saved on server works that way on every vbulletin forum.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Hope you don't take it personal Andrew. Minimalist theme has no problems. It's what it states it should be so it's good. I just like the main forum theme that's all as it is more full featured and i prefer it both on pc and N900.

oh. i didn't know about that theme selector at the bottom of the site btw. learnt something new. =)

Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
I didn't design the main theme I just designed the minimalist one because the main one didn't work well on tablets. Also its designed minimalist more of the data usage and speed rather then the browser/device. Personally I feel that the site would work if right side menu was moved and active topics could be hidden.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Originally Posted by jcompagner View Post
minimalist is horrible, then suddenly the text of the post are bigger, i dont want that i just want better/bigger navigation.

besides that theme's are stored on the server with yout account so suddenly the selected theme is also used on my pc.. It should be stored in a cookie..
Just wanted to add you most likely have your font size set to large or extra large on your phone. I have a new minimalist version in the works because alot of people use that setting. I keep my font size set to normal so it seems rather small to me.

Posts: 500 | Thanked: 437 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oklahoma
Originally Posted by rpgAmazon View Post
If they simply could put together "prev" and "next" links, and then page numbers...
I'd like to see "Previous" "First" "Next" "Last" before the page numbers if anyone is listening. This would provide the best functionality for me on the N900.

Posts: 120 | Thanked: 279 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Perth, Australia
Surely this isn't actually a problem with 'viewing on the N900' at all - it is a bug in the theme, when the website is viewed at that resolution - this would also occur on netbooks etc.

Screenshot of TMO using Firefox on my EeePC 1000HE:

As you can see in the screenshot above, the problem with 'Next' and 'Last' links being hidden is also occurring on my netbook.

Rather than all these workarounds/javascript bookmarks, the theme needs altering/fixing, no?

Last edited by mattaustin; 2010-04-27 at 14:03.

The Following User Says Thank You to mattaustin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mattaustin View Post
Surely this isn't actually a problem with 'viewing on the N900' at all - it is a bug in the theme, when the website is viewed at that resolution - this would also occur on netbooks etc.

Screenshot of TMO using Firefox on my EeePC 1000HE:

As you can see in the screenshot above, the problem with 'Next' and 'Last' links being hidden is also occurring on my netbook.

Rather than all these workarounds/javascript bookmarks, the theme needs altering/fixing, no?
Has anyone filed a bug request on it Reggie isn't going to just happen by this thread and fix it submit a proper bug request and who knows he might fix it.