Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by Nelson L. Squeeko View Post
No problems installing the update here. Which I'm very glad. Last two times required a reflash, this time if I did have to reflash, I'd have to find a computer since mine recently died.
Well, the good news is that the causes of reboot loops in the past were fairly simple, so fixing them wasn't horribly difficult. SSU really isn't a bad system, it's just that Nokia's crappy testing procedures (basically, "apply update to freshly flashed tablet" which, of course, works perfectly) and the limited nature of these devices (running out of space on the rootfs isn't a fun thing to do) combined for some very nasty results.

Nokia's new to this game, and they still don't fully understand SSU, but slow progress is being made and I think we'll be somewhere pretty good by the time Fremantle hits.

Posts: 650 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Ghent, Belgium
Originally Posted by mikkov View Post
Reason was bluez-utils-test and minigpsd which I had manually installed. Because application manager won't remove user/ section packages to install other packages, upgrading didn't work.

Error message message is totally wrong, and correct behaviour would be a question if user wants to uninstall applications in order to upgrade.
Thanks! Removing bluez-utils-test was indeed the trick.

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Herndon, VA, USA
Updated smoothly, but I (obviously) lost my screen rotation... Which I generally didn't use anyway (except when masquerading as an iphone for mobile gmail), so I'm not too upset.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Originally Posted by vinc17 View Post
SSU is not installable here: libc6 is missing.
im looking at the same problem...

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Canada
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
Me: "Just read Nokia released a software update for my N800 today."
My boyfriend: "Oh." - Pause... - "So is this something you would like to have as a Christmas present?"

Men!
Actual, literal, Laugh Out Loud.

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tennessee, US
I lost my internet radio stations too.

Still have the N800 bug where the internet call application will not automatically launch when camera is popped out and the image is upside down when camera is flipped.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
well ill be, if someone sees a problem related to libc6, try a apt-get remove libc6-dbg...

it seems i had the debug package installed, most likely related to trying to assist with tracking down info for a bug report...

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Australia
I noticed something strange.
Before this update whenever I was creating a Backup, the resulting file was 59-60 MB
After this update the Backup file is only 8, yes EIGHT MB.

Is this correct or it's a glitch?

Thank you

Went smoothly on my n810 with a multi-boot of Diablo and Chinook - woot!

LOL, as a precaution I also downloaded the fiasco image from nokia as I figured I'd be reflashing...

For N810 users:
http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/nokia_N810.php
(RX-44_DIABLO_5.2008.43-7_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin)

I was actually surprised to see that Nokia already had it available for d/l.

...one thing I dislike is every SSU replaces my custom boot images with the stock "nokia" and "nokia hands" - arrrr!

jbk

The Following User Says Thank You to jbk For This Useful Post: